- This event has passed.
THE Marketing Event
November 2, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$350 – $500
The Power of Storytelling in Marketing & Business Development
SMPS New York’s 14th annual professional development symposium, THE Marketing Event, draws hundreds of AEC professionals from the East Coast and beyond to learn the latest trends to transform their business through marketing leadership. This year’s event brings together experts in the AEC industry, as well as other B2B and B2C businesses, to highlight best practices and future trends in using storytelling to enhance your brand and better connect with current and potential clients.
Held at the stunning Andaz Hotel Wall Street in lower Manhattan, attendees will spend a day developing tangible skills and takeaways for their firms, and building strong industry relationships to better enhance teaming efforts. Two tracks are offered, one for principals/owners and the other for junior/mid-level professionals.
Our workshops are divided into three distinct topics to customize a day tailored to your particular business and professional challenges.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Pre-TME Networking Mixer, Sponsored by Arup
Thursday, November 1, 2018, 6:30 – 8:00PM
77 Water St, New York, NY 10005
RSVP required with TME registration
Friday, November 2, 2018; 8:00AM – 5:00PM
The Andaz Wall Street
75 Wall St, New York, NY 10005
“The Red Thread: How to find and tell the story of ideas” – Tamsen Webster, Principal, Tamsen Webster
Topic One: The Visual Narrative
- “Taking the Best Shot at your Stories” – Tami Hausman, Founder & Principal, Hausman LLC, Brad Feinknopf, Founder & Principal, Feinknopf, and Caroline Noirjean, Senior Graphic Designer, Grimshaw
- “The Value of a Clean Shirt” – Chris Calori, Principal and Jessica Schrader, Senior Manager, Entro- CVE Design
- “From Concept to Reality: Visual Storytelling in the Business World” – Maria van Vlodrop, Founder and Principal, MvVo Art
Topic Two: Big Data
- “Authentic Conversations in the Age of AI” – Samantha Stone, Founder, CMO, The Marketing Advisory Network
- “How Color & Design Trends Tell the Story of our Times… From Frank Lloyd Wright to Today” – Dee Schlotter, Sr. Color Marketing Manager, PPG
- “Decoding Your Data DNA: Best Practices for Customer Acquisition” – Jennifer Shaheen, President & CEO, Technology Therapy Group
Topic Three: Digital Media
- “Connecting the Analytical (and ROI) Dots with Storytelling” – Tim Asimos, VP/Director, circle S studio
- “Branding is a Verb: Teaching Internal Teams to be Active Brand Storytellers” – Brandi Knox, Principal, Knox Design Strategy
“Big Data? But I Still Suck at Little Data” – Dean Shaw, Customer Experience Analytic Program Manager, SAS
Post-TME Rooftop Reception, Sponsored by Hausman LLC
Friday, November 2, 2018; 5:30PM – 8:00PM
Join us and continue the conversation during our sunset reception at stunning Andaz Hotel rooftop featuring the sultry sounds of Acute Inflections, a chic duo of singer Elasea Douglas and bassist Sadiki Pierre. Heads of State, Celebrities and CEOs regularly entrust them to amaze the attendees of their personal celebrations. They have even opened for Jennifer Hudson, Sting, and other notable artists at some of these events.
This year’s TME is all about storytelling and how, as marketers, we can use it to communicate and illustrate the work we do. Why not consider a TME sponsorship as a way to tell your firm’s story, too? Aside from exposure to a large audience of AEC professionals, benefits include complimentary admission(s), strategic signage and program shout-outs, and your brand infused in promotional materials across the board. Each level comes with its own customized perks, so be sure to check out what looks right for your firm.
The attached flyer explains our sponsorship levels and benefits in detail. If you have any questions, or would like to show your support of TME as a sponsor, please contact SMPS-NY President Kourtenay Mott or SMPS-NY Director of Sponsorship Brian C. Ferry.TME Sponsorship
WHAT IS THE MARKETING EVENT?
THE Marketing Event is a day-long professional development symposium with a grassroots founding. Designed to help professional services marketers further their skills and advance their careers, TME 2018 is all about original ideas that are relevant to the world in front of us and changing the way we think and engage all aspects of professional services marketing.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Sessions are geared towards all career levels from seasoned business developers, doer/sellers, and firm leaders to marketing coordinators and managers.
Andaz Wall Street is a lifestyle brand of Hyatt, one of the world’s top hospitality companies. Located at the corner of Wall and Water Streets in New York’s prime financial district, public transit stations, the subway, and ferries are within a moment’s walk.
If you have any questions about our program, please contact our TME Director, Ingrid Sletten.