Get to know our February 2021 Member Spotlight honoree, Katherine DeMercurio!
Katherine joined EverGreene in the Fall of 2017. With a passion for improving the built environment and design thinking, Katherine has spent a majority of her career in the A/E/C industry. Her passion for creative solutions and extensive experience in marketing strategy enabled Katherine to take a leading role in communications at EverGreene. Integral to public relations, corporate communications and brand management for the firm, Katherine works to drive transformation through best practices while innovating new concepts and procedures to build awareness, support business opportunities and further connect EverGreene with industry partners.
Katherine currently serves on the Board of Directors as Immediate Past President for the Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS) New York Chapter, is a founding member of the NYC Chapter of Project Color Corps, and has previously served as Chair of the Foundation Committee for Commercial Real Estate Women of New York (CREW NY.) She earned recognition as one of Sokol Media’s 2017 Pioneering Women in Real Estate in NYC, SMPS’ first Humanitarian of the Year award winner and Connect Media’s 2nd annual Women in Real Estate Awards program as a New York winner in 2018, and as an Outstanding Woman in Construction by the Women Builders Council (WBC) in 2019.
Katherine earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in English Literature at Northeastern University in Boston, MA and holds a Certificate in Digital Graphic Design from the New England Institute of Art.
Some additional fun facts about Kat:
- Favorite Show: The original Law and Order with Jerry Orbach
- Favorite Vacation Destination: Yearly February trips to Maui to celebrate her honeymoon with her husband
- Favorite Hobby: Reading
- Favorite Work Project: 40th Anniversary Coloring Book – featuring projects across the country. It allowed people to have their own artistic interpretation of EverGreene Architectural Arts projects like the Empire State Building and the US Capitol Building.
- Three Words to Best Describe Kat: Bold, Enthusiastic, Determined
- Favorite SMPS Program: Liberty Ball
- How she ended up in AEC: Like most people, she never really meant to, but had a friend in the industry that got her a job after college!
- Post President Role: She continues to play an advisory role assisting with the Chapter’s Professional Development. She is an active participant of the SMPS-NY mentorship program and brought her alma mater’s experiential learning program to EverGreene where she manages and mentors rotating co-op students.
It was great to find out more about you Kat! Thanks for sharing!