Get to know our April 2021 Member Spotlight honoree:
Erika Aiese, Director of Marketing/Senior Associate, Mathews Nielsen Landscape Architects (MNLA)
Erika is a Senior Associate at MNLA and brings 20 years of experience to her position at the helm of MNLA’s marketing efforts. Keenly advancing the firm’s mission of creating places that are restorative to the public and environment alike, she works closely with the principals, staff, and consultants on all aspects of procurement, business development, print and digital communications, programs and events. Erika’s proactive outreach has led directly to the firm’s procurement of several high-profile projects since she joined the firm in 2008. She is a member in good standing with SMPS-NY and is a member of the chapter’s Leadership Committee.
Some additional Fun Facts about Erika:
- NYC born & raised, and stayed local to attend the Fashion Institute of Technology for Marketing/Communications
- Favorite Book: Just Kids by Patty Smith
- Favorite Movies: Movies where a score or soundtrack are almost like their own characters, including Trainspotting, Goodfellas, The Warriors, Lost in Translation, and Rushmore
- Three Words to Best Describe Erika: Creative, Curious, and Loyal
- Favorite Vacation Destination: Northern Italy
- Motto: Question everything and keep trying. Always ask questions and always be learning.
It was great to find out more about you Erika! Thanks for sharing!