Are you an experienced A/E marketing professional ready to join a dynamically growing team? VHB seeks a skilled writer, strategist, and communicator to provide proposal, visibility, and overall marketing leadership for our Northeast Region based in our New York City office, conveniently located by Penn Station. We are looking for a creative and energetic team leader who relishes the thrill of competing for projects in the government, transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy markets with a strong interest in helping raise VHB’s prominence in the region. As part of our Regional Marketing team, you will report to the Regional Marketing Manager and work with our technical staff to develop effective marketing and communications deliverables.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients. Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship. VHB offers a collaborative culture and the opportunity to participate in regional and local committees including the Emerging Professionals Group, VHB Cares, and the Green Team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists in day-to-day management and mentoring of the marketing team, including RFP assessment and assignment.
- Participates in go/no go decisions.
- Provides QA/QC of proposals.
- Facilitates proposal strategy discussion and formulation, content development, and materials production.
- Collaborates with senior-level technical staff and reviews/edits narratives for content clarity, compliance and key messages ensuring proposals include differentiating win themes and are compliant, timely, and well written.
- Organizes and coaches’ technical staff for presentations.
- Leads regional visibility activities (ie. conference coordination, e-blasts, social media, etc).
- Leads Client Focus Team and Market Team strategy meetings.
- Develops and supports visibility initiatives (e-blasts, social media campaigns, VHB.com content, etc.).
- Collaborates with Regional Marketing Director and Manager on developing and executing staff training initiatives.
- Works with graphic design staff to plan and produce materials ensuring all materials are effectively communicating the strategic vision identified for a given pursuit or marketing effort, in alignment with VHB’s brand.
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong writer, editor, and communicator
- Comfortable mentoring, providing leadership to others
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong creative and strategic thinking skills
- Comfortable working with staff in person and remotely
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop)
- 9+ years of proposal, writing, or marketing experience in A/E/C environment with ability to independently lead complex pursuits.
- Experience mentoring and/or managing others.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Works effectively and independently in high-pressure team environment to manage multiple tasks in parallel. Ability to quickly adapt to and communicate changes in program schedules and priorities. Demonstrates initiative, self-motivation, and self-discipline.
- Project management capabilities to meet milestones on time and within budget, including resource allocation/management.
- Comfortable serving as a mentor to junior staff.
- Has a strong understanding of the A/E/C industry.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.