Partnering to imagine, execute and realize our clients' vision.
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, the Digital Communications Manager will play a key role in content marketing campaigns and initiatives, managing corporate social media accounts, the corporate employee intranet, and elements of our company websites. Working in tandem with the Digital Marketing and Communications team and the wider Corporate Marketing team, this individual will generate ideas and plans and bring those plans to life on a variety of initiatives on both external and internal platforms, including social media, website, and the company’s internal intranet.
Social Media Management
This position works closely with the Digital Marketing Manager, Public Relations Director, the extended Corporate Marketing and Regional Marketing Teams to manage the social media calendar. The role involves gathering materials and content for use on the company’s various social media platforms, including LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and other external digital outlets. The individual will plan and execute paid social advertising and be responsible for monitoring and engagement of the corporate accounts and provide support and guidance to our business unit social managers.
Internal Intranet Site Content Management & Administration
This individual will work closely with the communications team to manage intranet communications to all employees and play a key role in developing new sections and updating existing sections for business units and different areas of expertise. The position works closely with the IT department and will involve a level of technical expertise in developing templates, solving user experience issues, and playing a key role in developing the sites’ functionality and employee experience.
Project Management / Campaign Implementation
The ability to manage multiple projects and campaigns is very important in this role. The individual will manage intranet/website functionality updates, new page templates and develop key communications plans for a variety of initiatives including Safety and Women in Construction, amongst others. The individual will be expected to implement plans and report back on performance and key learnings.
Brand Support – Copywriting & Editing
Good writing skills are essential for this role. This position will provide support / tailor content to develop dynamic copy content for the company’s intranet site, website, social media platforms, employee magazine, promotional materials, plans and policies. This individual will also assist Public Relations Leads in editing content provided by marketing and technical staff for use on internal and external channels.
This individual will embrace a collaborative work environment, regularly meeting with dedicated Digital Marketing /Public Relations Leads to establish weekly priorities, assignments and progress toward long-term goals. As situations require, the individual will participate in regular meetings with the larger Digital and Communications team to discuss specific initiatives and contribute to brainstorm sessions for story and promotional campaign development and content marketing strategies.
Contributing to the people-driven culture of the organization, this individual will assist the larger goals of the Corporate Marketing & Communications team in identifying and occasionally engaging construction experts to become involved with promotional and key business initiatives and develop communications plans for them for either internal or external viewership or both. (Other examples include training sessions and community investment opportunities).
Contributing to the digital communication posts – for website, social media and the intranet this position requires a certain level of graphic capability in the following programs: Illustrator, Powerpoint, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Post-secondary degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or English
- 5+ years’ experience working in a marketing/social media related role with 3 years’ experience in managing social media channels, projects and initiatives
- 3 years’ experience working with internal communications and managing or playing a key role in company intranet
- Preferred internships within a marketing communications, public relations or journalism-driven role
- Detail-oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills
- Ability to effectively balance multiple priorities and projects
- Fundamental understanding of the digital media landscape
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to communicate and collaborate (written and verbally) with an array of internal clients from different areas of expertise and levels within the organization and external vendors
- A team player with the ability to work effectively within a group as well as be independently motivated and work on own initiative
- A level or web development / technical experience on websites and intranets
- Experience using Microsoft SharePoint intranet, WordPress, Salesforce, Adobe Creative Suite
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com