Senior Marketing Coordinator Job Description
Do you excel in a fast-paced work environment? Do you enjoy collaborating with a team to develop innovative and creative solutions? Are you a results-driven, strategic thinker looking to develop personally and professionally? If so, this job might be perfect for you.
What we need
Skanska USA Building Inc. (Skanska) is looking for a full-time Senior Marketing Coordinator in New York, NY. In this job, you’ll support our overall sales and marketing efforts by taking on responsibilities including but not limited to:
• Leading, managing, writing and producing proposals, qualifications, award submittals and presentation materials
• Interviewing team members and drafting targeted content for proposals and qualifications
• Assisting with minor business development efforts
• Creating external and internal deliverables containing feature/benefits and other audience-centric content
• Mentoring and providing feedback to less senior staff
• Maintaining internal partner relationships and resolving day-to-day issues
• Conducting external research for local strategic plans and on pursuits as needed.
What you bring to the table
• Four to six years of prior marketing experience in the Architectural, Construction, Engineering (AEC) industry or similar capacity
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related discipline
• Proficiency using Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office Suite
• The ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A team player mindset with the ability to work independently
• Excellent skills in time management, organizing, writing, proofreading and editing
• Understanding of the AEC industry and marketing fundamentals
• A willingness to learn and work above and beyond
• A collaborative mindset
• The ability to think outside the box to find solutions to problems
• Determination and dependability.
What you’ll get from us
At Skanska, we build what matters. This means we deliver projects that improve the communities in which we live and work. By joining our marketing team, you’ll not only be a part of this positive impact, but you’ll also work with a collaborative and dynamic group that is fully supported and valued by our operations and business development teams.
Every day will be invigorating and challenging. Part of what keeps Skanska at the cutting edge of construction is our belief that our employees should always be learning new techniques and skills. As a Senior Marketing Coordinator, you’ll be provided opportunities to broaden your knowledge of construction and marketing and to develop both professionally and personally. With Skanska, you will always be moving forward and putting your knowledge and imagination to work.
A day in the life
Meeting with Business Development and Marketing team to discuss strategic initiatives
Coordinating proposal needs with Creative Services and Technical Writers
Communicating with team members for project and client information
Attending internal Community Outreach meeting
Updating external brochures with project information in InDesign
Developing a layout for proposal in InDesign and inputting information
Interviewing project team members for value-added information to improve proposal response
Updating resumes and project sheets.
Good to know
This job is performed in the office and requires frequent sitting (often working on a computer), frequent walking, standing, bending and reaching. Due to computer usage, there may be repetitive motions of the hands and wrists. You must be able to navigate jobsites and are expected to comply with all safety regulations. The work environment is deadline driven and fast paced with projects and pursuits that may require time above and beyond the typical work schedule.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Location: New York, New York, United States
Employee Status: Regular
To apply for this job please visit jobs.skanska.com.