Website Newman Architects
Newman creates places of enduring value that serve, sustain, and enrich life. For more than half a century, our work has been recognized locally, nationally, and internationally, for design excellence and for our positive impact on communities and institutions. We work on a national scale and have organized our business development and marketing operations to advance the firm’s reputation and market presence for educational, library, and cultural architecture, and for mixed-use development and multi-family housing. We seek a Director of Marketing and Communication with the experience, capability, and ambition to support these marketing and business development objectives.
The Director of Marketing and Communication leads the firm’s Marketing Department and directs marketing and communications operations for both of the firm’s office locations (New Haven CT and Washington DC), and for pursuit of projects in all geographic regions that Newman services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Directs Marketing Department operations and staff in support of the firm’s long-range plans, and in support of active pursuits and client communications. Establishes marketing policies and procedures, marketing training, business development support, public relations, and proposal development. Responsible for ensuring that schedules are met, and that the quality of Marketing and Business Development deliverables represent the firm in alignment with its Mission, Vision, and Values, its brand image, and its market objectives.
· Works closely with the marketing team, project managers and firm leadership to develop deadline-sensitive deliverables such as proposals, qualifications packages, presentations, and award submissions.
· Oversees corporate identity and branding; external visibility; firm’s media relations and corporate communication.
· Assists in representing the firm to clients, peer organizations, and business associates. Maintains and promotes the firm’s reputation in professional and community organizations, including SMPS.
· Develops corporate marketing and business development budgets and tracks progress against budget.
· Supports and coordinates the firm’s business development efforts in collaboration with firm leadership and market sector leaders. Develops, implements, and maintains effective promotional, public relations, communications, and other programs that provide maximum exposure to new business prospects within the firm’s established goals and objectives. Leads business development research, and pre-planning and pre-positioning for upcoming opportunities.
· As part of firm-wide strategic planning activities, develops strategic marketing and business development plans focusing on improving firm’s overall market position, growing the firm’s business and advancing its leadership in its selected markets, and its potential entry into new markets.
· Market Sectors:
– Works closely with Client Sector Leaders (CSL) in areas such as client/prospect research, PR/market positioning to implement Market Sector specific business plans.
– Coordinates Business Development strategy and implementation for existing and prospective clients as well as ensure that overall client needs are being met.
– Support annual business plans, work with CSL on quarterly updates and Annual Strategic Planning and Budgeting.
· Periodic travel between New Haven CT and Washington DC office locations, as required.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
· 10 or more years of marketing experience in a professional services environment (A/E industry experience is strongly preferred)
· Extensive knowledge of A/E marketing/BD planning, market research process, strategic marketing positioning and PR, and exposure to marketing/BD processes and systems (e.g., databases, proposal process, social media)
· A keen understanding of marketing/BD ROI maximization
· Management experience (e.g., managing and developing marketing/BD coordinators, managers)
· Open to a variety of academic degrees/backgrounds
· Strong business/client orientation
· Excellent written and oral communication, and listening skills
· Ability to succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
· Ability to thrive in a collaborative work environment
· Flexibility (e.g., ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and react to changing priorities)
· Externally focused—including ability to network and serve as a strong ambassador for Newman Architects
· Excellent sense of judgment/good common sense
· Excellent design sense and/or graphic design capability
Work Authorization: Must be eligible to work in the United States
EEO Statement: Newman Architects is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.newmanarchitects.com.