H2M architects + engineers is a multi-discipline professional consulting and design firm with a long history of client service. We consistently meet tough architectural, engineering, and environmental challenges head on. From treatment facilities to firehouses, from land surveying to road reconstruction, and from site assessment to remediation, our firm has helped design and build many communities. At H2M, we are more than just the services we provide.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Proposal Writer to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our organization. You will join a team of talented marketing professionals who work collaboratively with our technical experts. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing content for RFIs, RFPs, RFQs, marketing presentations, white papers, and other business development products. The Technical Proposal Writer will collaborate with the proposal manager and technical experts to develop a structure that is compliant with RFP requirements, compile information obtained through research, and author novel content. The successful candidate will lead the writing and revision of complex documents or sections, as part of a broader team. A Technical Proposal Writer will engage with members of an organization at all levels to assist with the development of solutions that support proposals and capture management activities. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected, as this role will lead the development of compliant and compelling content for capture and proposal efforts. This position is responsible for working with project teams, stakeholders, and individuals, supporting multiple projects concurrently.
- Interface with technical professionals in the writing and editing proposals
- Develop detailed outlines and write text accurately according to specifications.
- Research a variety of assigned topics and develop writing plans and outlines.
- Collaborate with proposal staff to ensure accurate and timely completion of documents.
- Track and monitors flow of all documents from inception to distribution of final copies.
- Identifies and correct problem areas as they arise.
- Work with internal teams to understand client specifications and requirements.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and/or graphics
- Work with team members to obtain an in-depth understanding of the documentation requirements
- Compile research by interviewing subject matter experts, compiling open-source materials, and aligning content against proposal requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable compliance requirements and is appropriate for its intended audience
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English or equivalent preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience writing, editing and managing technical documentation. Writing and editing AEC industry proposals a plus.
- Strong technical writing skills and a proven track record of creating effective, clear, and concise documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all level of employees in an organization.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities in work tasks.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
H2M is a strong collaborative workplace where people and ideas are always treated with respect. I am encouraged to develop, and I love that I am constantly learning new things and skills” Employee testimonial.
We’re passionate about our work, dedicated to our clients, and committed to our legacy. We emphasize collaboration and community involvement and promote sustainability in our practice, ensuring that the right projects are developed with minimal impact on the environment. Our integrated approach to design incorporates the diverse voices and visions of our staff into every project. Through mentoring, peer reviews, and professional development opportunities, employees at every level are offered the opportunity to share best practices and gain new experiences.
Since our early roots, our focus has remained steadfast: to provide quality service with sound judgment and to serve as an honest professional resource to our clients. With a dedicated, responsive staff and multiple service offerings under one roof, we blend “can-do” with “can-be,” developing real, workable solutions with a dose of innovation. Our diverse in-house expertise reduces the need for sub-consultants and ensures that our architects and engineers develop a comprehensive understanding of every project.
Our integrated approach to design incorporates the diverse voices and visions of our staff into every project. Through mentoring, peer reviews, and professional development opportunities, employees at every level are offered the opportunity to share best practices and gain new experiences.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical/dental/vision insurance with HSA & FSA, life and LTD insurance, 401(k) with matching contributions, annual bonus, tuition reimbursement, and excellent professional development program.
To apply for this job please visit us59.dayforcehcm.com.