First Environment, Inc.—an environmental consulting services company that provides strategic environmental and engineering services throughout the U.S.—is seeking a mid-level Marketing Specialist for our Boonton, NJ office who will report to the Marketing Manager and be responsible for proposal submissions and other marketing activities.
The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for proposal management (approximately 70%) as well as other marketing assignments (approximately 30%).
- Track incoming opportunities and participate in go/no go discussions with firm leaders
- Lead discussions about team discriminators and pursuit strategy
- Manage capture process and proposal pursuits from start to finish, coordinating kick-off meetings, review sessions, schedules, teaming arrangements, and final submittal
- Work closely with technical staff in developing proposal sections, including costing and scopes of work
- Write and tailor cover letters, resumes, project descriptions, and other qualifications material so that it directly relates to each opportunity
- Format final materials in InDesign, including proposal graphics such as covers, dividers, organization charts, etc.
- Manage competing proposal deadlines
- Develop compelling content for social media accounts and company blog
- Track and coordinate scheduling and registrations for industry events
- Consistently update contact management, proposal management, and other relevant databases
- Provide support for planning and coordinating special events, as needed
- Work with technical staff to prepare well-organized presentation materials for conferences and client presentations, as needed
- Pitch and carry out creative ideas for marketing the company’s services
- Maintain active involvement in professional and community organizations, including SMPS
- Basic understanding of A/E/C industry terminology and procedures (environmental engineering/consulting industry experience a plus)
- Understanding of basic marketing principles
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud software, including InDesign and Photoshop (required), as well as Premier Pro and Illustrator (optional)
- Ability to prioritize and manage short- and long-term assignments
- Detail-oriented when it comes to proofreading and formatting
- Excellent time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree with five to seven years of experience recommended
- Without a degree, eight to ten years of relevant A/E/C experience required
- Recommended: Preparation to earn the Certified Professional Services Marketer (CPSM) certification
Required with Application
- Cover letter demonstrating how your education and experience fulfills the job requirements*
- Salary requirements
- 2-3 work samples/link to portfolio
*Resumes sent without a cover letter will not be considered.
About First Environment
Headquartered in Boonton, New Jersey, First Environment is a veteran-owned environmental consulting and engineering firm. Our core practices and expertise include site investigation and remediation; litigation support; environmental management systems; regulatory compliance; and greenhouse gas verification and management.
We offer employees competitive compensation packages; medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k); educational reimbursement.
No phone calls and no employment agency submissions, please.
First Environment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com