Dewberry is currently seeking an experienced Senior Marketing/Proposal Manager for pursuit and proposal efforts to support our Northeast region with a primary focus on the transportation, water, and real estate/commercial market segments. The ideal candidate can be in our Bloomfield, Parsippany or Mount Laurel, NJ or New York, NY, office. This position requires a marketing background in architecture, engineering, or construction (A/E/C) or related management consulting business. The Senior Marketing/Proposal Manager directs and QCs the work of technical, proposal, and graphics staff assigned to the pursuit from Dewberry, joint venture partner firms, and construction partner firms to complete compliant, compelling submittals.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than 60 years.
Our team’s mission is to build office collaboration, leverage key skillsets of our team members, and drive strategy for our regions. This position would be backed by a team of robust marketers who work to collaborate for success, promote strengths, and support each other’s growth within Dewberry. The ideal candidate is a dedicated, market-focused professional who understands deadline-driven work and is a self-starter who can work both independently and within a team environment. You will be required to work on multiple assignments in tandem, with overlapping schedules. Experience in design-build, heavy construction, integrated delivery, or strategic pursuits is desired.
- Work in tandem with Market Sector Leaders, Project Managers, and subject matter experts to determine go/no-go decisions, pursuit win strategies, craft sales messages, assemble pursuit teams, manage the proposal process, and develop proposal responses.
- Drive overall proposal process from start to finish, including lead kick-off meetings and color reviews.
- Manage the capture plan document, document cataloging, managing individual and team’s deadlines, and meeting facilitation. Tasks also include writing, editing, note-taking, informational research, ability to learn basic technical engineering concepts, development of graphics concepts, and coordination of other team members.
- Have enough sales acumen to represent the firm appropriately with teaming partners and subcontractors, at events and business networking opportunities.
- Comply with our corporate standards to present a consistent appearance/style for presentation graphics, proposals, resumes, and collateral materials.
- Write supporting sales materials including project descriptions, resumes, service line overviews, and executive summaries, etc.
- Support Business Development and operational personnel in market research, competitor analysis, and client intelligence.
- Manage multiple proposal efforts and teams simultaneously for diverse markets and service offerings.
- Organize marketing material for ease of use.
- B.A. or B.S. in Liberal Arts or equivalent experience required.
- 10+ years’ experience personally producing proposals and managing proposal efforts.
- Strong project management and organizational experience.
- Must have extensive MS Word, PowerPoint and Adobe InDesign experience. Other graphics software and CRM database experience is also desired.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Effective proposal management skills, including planning, organization, problem identification and resolution, and resource management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and prior experience leading multi-disciplinary teams and work collaboratively.
Must be available to work overtime as necessary in order to meet business requirements
To apply for this job please visit careers-dewberry.icims.com.