CCS is an Architecture + Interior Design firm in SF and NYC
SF/NYC architecture and interior design firm seeks highly organized, responsible, collaborative, self-starter to manage administrative and support services, coordinate and participate in marketing and public relations effort, and oversee personnel-related programs and activities. Is responsible for contract administration, facilities management and insurance program administration.
Reports to: Three principals, in SF and NY
Supervises: Clerical Support Staff
· Ensures effective administrative support and communicates with design staff to keep them informed of all aspects of administrative operations on their projects.
· Functions as Executive Assistant to the President, prioritizing workload, responding to calls/mail/messages in his absence, coordinates calendar and responds to clients needs.
· Effectively coordinates all department communications, arranges staff meetings, and maintains company calendar.
· Supports accounting and manages clerical support staff, recruiting administrative staff as needed, training and supervising directly reporting staff, and prioritizing/delegating/overseeing their workload.
· Manages recruitment efforts firmwide. (SF and NY)
· Develops and implements administrative systems and procedures for phones and other communication systems, correspondence, mail, etc., and communicates policies to staff.
· Oversees Architectural licensure and continuing education needs.
· Oversees facilities, including leased space, equipment, IT services, etc.
· Develops and manages the administrative budget, including vendors, service providers, supplies, etc.
· Coordinates with President and approved attorneys and HR consultants to develop personnel policies and assist in solving staffing and personnel-related problems company-wide.
· Coordinates and provides new staff orientation for all hires company-wide.
· Oversees insurance program for the company including group medical disability, life, workers’ compensation, business practice, and professional liability.
· Administers the performance evaluation system.
· Manages and participates in public relations and marketing efforts, including screening potential clients, maintaining contact/prospect databases, and coordination of marketing materials.
· Manages RFP’s and creates proposals for new work
· Manages contract administration for new projects (Proposals, Work Authorizations, Contracts)
· Manages IT consultants and needs, office IT infrastructure and software.
· Organizes recreational and social activities.
· Client relations, money collection, liaison between clients and staff as needed.
· Bachelors’ degree with coursework in business preferred.
· Five to ten years’ experience in a design or service industry as an Office Manager or Administrative Manager, including one year in a supervisory capacity.
· Architecture/Interior Design/Construction experience helpful
· Software: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Adobe Creative Suite
· Knowledge of personnel methods/techniques used in employee recruitment and selection, training, and safety.
· Ability to organize, assign and coordinate clerical staff activities.
· Ability to implement systems and procedures for clerical and administrative support of staff and projects.
· Ability to calendar, organize, file and prioritize work, activities and materials.
· Ability to evaluate and operate computer, fax, photocopy and telecommunications equipment.
· Able to evaluate and operate hardware; operational understanding of word processing and administrative software.
· Prefer a thorough understanding of architecture and/or interior design systems and procedures.
· Very strong editing, writing, grammatical, spelling, verbal and interpersonal skills.
· Can effectively manage physical facilities and office operations.
· Finance: Ability to understand and manage an administrative budget, read, understand and analyze financials.
· Basic graphic design and presentation skills
· Some travel required for misc. projects
This position is available to be in San Francisco or New York – we are accepting applicants for both locations.
CCS offers a competitive salary, full medical & dental benefits, long-term disability insurance, flexible spending plan, 401k program, generous sick and vacation time, and a paid Zipcar membership.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and ability.
View our portfolio at: www.ccs-architecture.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your letter, resume and work samples by mail to our San Francisco office, or by email in PDF format. Be sure to include the job title and San Francisco or New York Office in the Subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com