Explore a career in professional services marketing
As the only North American organization for marketing and business development professionals in architecture, engineering, and construction industries, SMPS offers unparalleled access to educational programs and technical skills training specific to professional services marketing.
Benefits of being a student member include:
- Opportunities to network with members ranging from peers to principal-level contacts.
- Ability to attend over 50 events each year that will increase your industry knowledge and technical skills, making you a desirable candidate for any firm.
- Notification of internships and entry-level marketing job openings via our National and Local Career Center.
- Access to the Marketing Resource Center – tap into articles, websites, blogs, classes, and books on professional services marketing to expand your knowledge.
- Subscription to SMPS ‘s bimonthly journal, Marketer, which delivers original, knowledge-based content on innovative marketing, management, and leadership strategies; case studies; and lessons learned.
Meet a Member Program
Want to know more about a career in professional services marketing? Contact us to be paired with a mid- to senior-level marketer to learn more about service-marketing career paths.
The Ron Garikes Student Scholarship
Funded by the SMPS Foundation, this scholarship is awarded to a student majoring in marketing, communications, or public relations who is planning a career in professional services marketing. The $1,500 award may be used toward academic expenses (tuition and fees, books, and supplies). The scholarship announcement will be issued in April.
Student membership in the Society is open to students enrolled in a full-time study program at an accredited post-secondary institution or to part-time students who are not employed full-time in the AEC industry. The candidate must provide verification of student status at the time of application and when renewing the student membership.
Student Membership Annual Dues
Candidate must provide verification of student status at the time of application and when renewing the student membership. Eligible for students enrolled in a full-time study program at an accredited post-secondary institution or a part-time student not employed full time in the AEC industry or not otherwise eligible for regular membership in SMPS.
“Being a student member really helped me gain a better understanding of the AEC industry and build a network that continues to guide me in my current career. I am grateful to be part of such a great organization.”
Business Development Associate, SecurityScorecard