In order for us to grow at a rate to meet our corporate goals we are seeking a full-time Marketing Manager with four to seven (4-7) years of professional experience to join the equity team and direct our marketing efforts.
• Manage administrative staff participation
• Represent the firm to clients, peer organizations, and business associates
• Establish programs to accomplish marketing-related aspects of the corporate mission
• Assist with marketing budget development and marketing plan development
• Develop and manage client-contact program and work with principals to secure new clients and projects
• Manage qualifications, proposals, and presentation activities
• Work with technical staff to develop proposal sections and scopes of work
• Responsible for overall marketing staff training and marketing-related technical staff training
• Manage collateral materials development, public relations and advertising programs, corporate identity development and implementation, special events, direct-mail programs, social media and market research activities
• Actively involved in professional and community organizations
• Bachelor’s degree in a discipline associated with marketing with 4 to 7 years of experience recommended, or 6 to 10 years of relevant experience
• Excellent knowledge of marketing fundamentals
• Good mentoring/teaching abilities and leadership/managerial skills
• Highly competent in marketing theory and practice
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and cross-functional relationship skills
• Self-starter, independent, proactive, and needs minimal supervision
• Effectively manages multiple tasks and manages priorities within deadlines
• Proficiency in CRM software, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook are essential to support a collaborative work environment
• Able to work flexible hours when needed
- Front of House operations, acting as first point of contact for all clients and visitors, couriers and post
- Operating Switch Board Phone Systems
- Receive all incoming phone calls (NYC)
- Mail Sorting
- Ordering Supplies
- Scheduling of Cleaning Companies (for Principal’s residence and Office)
- Arranging travel for partners and directors
- Organising office calendar, scheduling meetings
- Manage company events when needed
- Office Supply Ordering / Tracking
- Oversee and manage couriers/post/mail
- Dealing with landlords, office maintenance, cleaners
- Coordinate Office Moves
- Be flexible in adapting to the needs of the post according to the changing needs of the office and to undertake other duties and responsibilities from time to time commensurate with the grade of the post.
- Liaise with outsourced US and UK IT companies
- Maintaining office policies, insurance renewal, memberships, etc.
- Manage company certifications and licenses/assist with new applications
- State/city business registrations
- State licensure
- CLARB fulfillment
- Manage insurance rider requests
- Manage insurance renewals and programs
- Maintain and, where necessary, create clear and accessible electronic and paper filing systems, so that all office and building management information is readily accessible to all
- Report generation/collection for partners
- Collecting, and distributing minutes
- Liaising with our outsourced Financial Manager & company accountant
- Knowledge of bookkeeping processes and sorting out of information for Bookkeeper
- Manage invoicing process of vendors and clients; track and collect outstanding invoices
- Basic understanding of Xero, expenses, invoicing, paying suppliers
HR & Recruitment Support
- Liaising with our outsourced HR/insurance PEO (ADP)
- On-boarding & off-boarding of employees
- Payroll & Benefits Management
- Arranging line management 1 x 1 meetings and staff review process
- Maintaining staff HR files
- Collecting and submitting employee expenses for reimbursement
- Documenting Employee Time Off Requests, holidays, benefits program
- Assist in recruitment process, CV’s in, issuing offer letter & contracts
Business Development (BD) and Marketing Administrative Support
- Support company-wide marketing and BD efforts by maintaining master contact lists and filing systems, scheduling and managing BD appointments
- Facilitate promotional educational opportunities for MSP staff in multiple offices (on-site and virtual)
- Assist with speaking engagement invitations and media inquiries MS EA
- General support of social media and other marketing/promotional efforts for the company
- Manage and maintain company-wide BD contact list
- BD, direct strategies for targeted development of business relationships
- Assist senior management with press inquiries and lecture invitations
- Assist senior management with RFP support
- Assist senior management with create awareness of MSP brand in NYC and globally
- Serve as support/backup for executive assistant as needed, to include vacation and sick-time coverage, etc.
- A confident, friendly and professional attitude and proactive nature is essential to the role
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Package and Adobe
- Good attention to detail and organizational skills; self-organizer
- Strong communication (full proficiency in oral and written English) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi task and work well under pressure
Dewberry is currently seeking an experienced Senior Marketing/Proposal Manager for pursuit and proposal efforts to support our Northeast region with a primary focus on the transportation, water, and real estate/commercial market segments. The ideal candidate can be in our Bloomfield, Parsippany or Mount Laurel, NJ or New York, NY, office. This position requires a marketing background in architecture, engineering, or construction (A/E/C) or related management consulting business. The Senior Marketing/Proposal Manager directs and QCs the work of technical, proposal, and graphics staff assigned to the pursuit from Dewberry, joint venture partner firms, and construction partner firms to complete compliant, compelling submittals.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than 60 years.
Our team’s mission is to build office collaboration, leverage key skillsets of our team members, and drive strategy for our regions. This position would be backed by a team of robust marketers who work to collaborate for success, promote strengths, and support each other’s growth within Dewberry. The ideal candidate is a dedicated, market-focused professional who understands deadline-driven work and is a self-starter who can work both independently and within a team environment. You will be required to work on multiple assignments in tandem, with overlapping schedules. Experience in design-build, heavy construction, integrated delivery, or strategic pursuits is desired.
- Work in tandem with Market Sector Leaders, Project Managers, and subject matter experts to determine go/no-go decisions, pursuit win strategies, craft sales messages, assemble pursuit teams, manage the proposal process, and develop proposal responses.
- Drive overall proposal process from start to finish, including lead kick-off meetings and color reviews.
- Manage the capture plan document, document cataloging, managing individual and team’s deadlines, and meeting facilitation. Tasks also include writing, editing, note-taking, informational research, ability to learn basic technical engineering concepts, development of graphics concepts, and coordination of other team members.
- Have enough sales acumen to represent the firm appropriately with teaming partners and subcontractors, at events and business networking opportunities.
- Comply with our corporate standards to present a consistent appearance/style for presentation graphics, proposals, resumes, and collateral materials.
- Write supporting sales materials including project descriptions, resumes, service line overviews, and executive summaries, etc.
- Support Business Development and operational personnel in market research, competitor analysis, and client intelligence.
- Manage multiple proposal efforts and teams simultaneously for diverse markets and service offerings.
- Organize marketing material for ease of use.
- B.A. or B.S. in Liberal Arts or equivalent experience required.
- 10+ years’ experience personally producing proposals and managing proposal efforts.
- Strong project management and organizational experience.
- Must have extensive MS Word, PowerPoint and Adobe InDesign experience. Other graphics software and CRM database experience is also desired.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Effective proposal management skills, including planning, organization, problem identification and resolution, and resource management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and prior experience leading multi-disciplinary teams and work collaboratively.
Must be available to work overtime as necessary in order to meet business requirements
Submit A Job Post
AEC Marketing Jobs in New York
An important part of the SMPS New York mission is to enhance our members’ careers. This includes providing an access point for members to locate career opportunities and for companies to seek skilled AEC marketers.