Newman creates places of enduring value that serve, sustain, and enrich life. For more than half a century, our work has been recognized locally, nationally, and internationally, for design excellence and for our positive impact on communities and institutions. We work on a national scale and have organized our business development and marketing operations to advance the firm’s reputation and market presence for educational, library, and cultural architecture, and for mixed-use development and multi-family housing. We seek a Director of Marketing and Communication with the experience, capability, and ambition to support these marketing and business development objectives.
The Director of Marketing and Communication leads the firm’s Marketing Department and directs marketing and communications operations for both of the firm’s office locations (New Haven CT and Washington DC), and for pursuit of projects in all geographic regions that Newman services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Directs Marketing Department operations and staff in support of the firm’s long-range plans, and in support of active pursuits and client communications. Establishes marketing policies and procedures, marketing training, business development support, public relations, and proposal development. Responsible for ensuring that schedules are met, and that the quality of Marketing and Business Development deliverables represent the firm in alignment with its Mission, Vision, and Values, its brand image, and its market objectives.
· Works closely with the marketing team, project managers and firm leadership to develop deadline-sensitive deliverables such as proposals, qualifications packages, presentations, and award submissions.
· Oversees corporate identity and branding; external visibility; firm’s media relations and corporate communication.
· Assists in representing the firm to clients, peer organizations, and business associates. Maintains and promotes the firm’s reputation in professional and community organizations, including SMPS.
· Develops corporate marketing and business development budgets and tracks progress against budget.
· Supports and coordinates the firm’s business development efforts in collaboration with firm leadership and market sector leaders. Develops, implements, and maintains effective promotional, public relations, communications, and other programs that provide maximum exposure to new business prospects within the firm’s established goals and objectives. Leads business development research, and pre-planning and pre-positioning for upcoming opportunities.
· As part of firm-wide strategic planning activities, develops strategic marketing and business development plans focusing on improving firm’s overall market position, growing the firm’s business and advancing its leadership in its selected markets, and its potential entry into new markets.
· Market Sectors:
– Works closely with Client Sector Leaders (CSL) in areas such as client/prospect research, PR/market positioning to implement Market Sector specific business plans.
– Coordinates Business Development strategy and implementation for existing and prospective clients as well as ensure that overall client needs are being met.
– Support annual business plans, work with CSL on quarterly updates and Annual Strategic Planning and Budgeting.
· Periodic travel between New Haven CT and Washington DC office locations, as required.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
· 10 or more years of marketing experience in a professional services environment (A/E industry experience is strongly preferred)
· Extensive knowledge of A/E marketing/BD planning, market research process, strategic marketing positioning and PR, and exposure to marketing/BD processes and systems (e.g., databases, proposal process, social media)
· A keen understanding of marketing/BD ROI maximization
· Management experience (e.g., managing and developing marketing/BD coordinators, managers)
· Open to a variety of academic degrees/backgrounds
· Strong business/client orientation
· Excellent written and oral communication, and listening skills
· Ability to succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
· Ability to thrive in a collaborative work environment
· Flexibility (e.g., ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and react to changing priorities)
· Externally focused—including ability to network and serve as a strong ambassador for Newman Architects
· Excellent sense of judgment/good common sense
· Excellent design sense and/or graphic design capability
Work Authorization: Must be eligible to work in the United States
EEO Statement: Newman Architects is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Langan is seeking a Marketing Communications Coordinator – 1 to 3 Years Experience for our corporate headquarters in Parsippany, NJ. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for the coordination of internal and external marketing communications and graphic content to enhance brand awareness and engagement. Additional responsibilities will include, but not be limited to collaboration with Corporate Marketing and Human Resources on concept, design, and content of Langan home pages on social media sites and other internal and external communications.
Life at PE: Perkins Eastman is a global design firm with expertise that covers all aspects of the built environment. With studios in 17 locations worldwide, we design for people, to enhance the human experience and leave a lasting and positive impact on people’s lives and the world we inhabit.
We are an integrated firm which our professional roster consist of architects, interior designers, planners, urban designers, landscape architects, graphic designers, construction specification writers, construction economists, environmental analysts, resiliency experts, traffic and transportation engineers, and several other professional disciplines.
The Opportunity: Perkins Eastman has an exciting opportunity in our New York office. We are seeking an outstanding marketing coordinator II to work closely with others in the department and in the firm, the Marketing Coordinator participates in all stages of the procurement process, from strategy to proposal preparation to interviews, in a deadline-driven environment.
Assist in the preparation of proposal submissions, qualifications packages, presentations, brochures, and other related activities for potential opportunities.
Assist in lead tracking, capital planning research, and due diligence.
Work with the principals, project managers, and technical staff to develop relevant materials.
Provide general support for the marketing and business development efforts in the office.
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Marketing or related field.
Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in graphics/marketing for the A/E/C industry.
The ability to work as part of team as well as independently.
Client/Customer Service: understanding of marketing as a service to the office.
Design: High level of design sensibility.
Graphics: High level of graphics capabilities.
Communications: Ability to speak and write clearly.
Organizational: Ability to clearly organize documents and resources during the production process.
Solid working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign; Photoshop) and MS Office.
How to Apply:
If you would like to join a dynamic, energized, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, please visit our career page and apply with your cover letter, resume and/or portfolio (Adobe PDF preferred). No phone calls please.
Perkins Eastman is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Submit A Job Post
AEC Marketing Jobs in New York
An important part of the SMPS New York mission is to enhance our members’ careers. This includes providing an access point for members to locate career opportunities and for companies to seek skilled AEC marketers.