Nelson Forensics, with multi-state offices, is a full-service progressive, multi-disciplined engineering firm, specializing in the area of Forensics. We are investigators who assess damage from perils such as hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, explosions, fires, windstorms, hail, structural failures, design defects, and construction defects and provide forensic services including cause and origin and recommendations for remediation typically in an insurance, legal or design setting. We are currently seeking a Type A “go getter” to market to attorneys and adjusters to help grow our New York and Baltimore/Washington branches.
Responsible for the development, coordination and execution of business development strategies to grow the New York and Baltimore/Washington branches of Nelson Forensics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish new and cultivate existing client relationships for the New York and Baltimore/Washington branches.
- Call on attorney and insurance adjuster clients in person and via telephone/email to assess client need and recruit business.
- Act as the liaison between Nelson professional staff and clients by arranging appointments, lunches, meetings for clients to get to know Nelson staff better.
- Book continuing education or “Lunch and Learn” speaking engagements for Nelson staff at client offices.
- Attend trade shows, conferences, and industry association meetings. Assist with pre- and post-show call and email campaigns to build client awareness of exhibiting events.
- Pursue Nelson’s acceptance into insurance carrier Approved Vendor programs, and assist with the creation and submission of Requests for Information and Requests for Proposals.
- Assist in researching competitors’ web sites and business models.
- Maintain local marketing database, including entry of new leads gained at networking events, updating contact entries, and managing mailing and emailing lists.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience to include: 1) organizational development; 2) proven growth strategies; 3) working with a variety of professional backgrounds; 4) coordination of multiple projects; 5) specific experience representing the firm in a trade show/conference/or other high profile, public, face-to-face setting; 6) business-to-business marketing strategies.
- Experience marketing to attorneys or insurance adjusters preferred.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Able to travel 50% of the time. Willing to travel from New York to the Baltimore/Washington metro area on a regular basis to call on clients in that market. Willing to travel to a variety of event locations.
- Able to formulate business development strategy and initiate projects independently. Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal/social skills.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strong oral and impeccable written communication skills.
- Excellent logistical and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Are you an experienced A/E marketing professional ready to join a dynamically growing team? VHB seeks a skilled writer, strategist, and communicator to provide proposal, visibility, and overall marketing leadership for our Northeast Region based in our New York City office, conveniently located by Penn Station. We are looking for a creative and energetic team leader who relishes the thrill of competing for projects in the government, transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy markets with a strong interest in helping raise VHB’s prominence in the region. As part of our Regional Marketing team, you will report to the Regional Marketing Manager and work with our technical staff to develop effective marketing and communications deliverables.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients. Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship. VHB offers a collaborative culture and the opportunity to participate in regional and local committees including the Emerging Professionals Group, VHB Cares, and the Green Team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists in day-to-day management and mentoring of the marketing team, including RFP assessment and assignment.
- Participates in go/no go decisions.
- Provides QA/QC of proposals.
- Facilitates proposal strategy discussion and formulation, content development, and materials production.
- Collaborates with senior-level technical staff and reviews/edits narratives for content clarity, compliance and key messages ensuring proposals include differentiating win themes and are compliant, timely, and well written.
- Organizes and coaches’ technical staff for presentations.
- Leads regional visibility activities (ie. conference coordination, e-blasts, social media, etc).
- Leads Client Focus Team and Market Team strategy meetings.
- Develops and supports visibility initiatives (e-blasts, social media campaigns, VHB.com content, etc.).
- Collaborates with Regional Marketing Director and Manager on developing and executing staff training initiatives.
- Works with graphic design staff to plan and produce materials ensuring all materials are effectively communicating the strategic vision identified for a given pursuit or marketing effort, in alignment with VHB’s brand.
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong writer, editor, and communicator
- Comfortable mentoring, providing leadership to others
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong creative and strategic thinking skills
- Comfortable working with staff in person and remotely
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop)
- 9+ years of proposal, writing, or marketing experience in A/E/C environment with ability to independently lead complex pursuits.
- Experience mentoring and/or managing others.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Works effectively and independently in high-pressure team environment to manage multiple tasks in parallel. Ability to quickly adapt to and communicate changes in program schedules and priorities. Demonstrates initiative, self-motivation, and self-discipline.
- Project management capabilities to meet milestones on time and within budget, including resource allocation/management.
- Comfortable serving as a mentor to junior staff.
- Has a strong understanding of the A/E/C industry.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Lilker Associates Consulting Engineers, P.C., an award-winning, 135-member MEP/FP engineering firm is seeking to hire a Marketing Assistant / Graphic Design Coordinator in our New York City office to be part of our marketing team.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
· Create and prepare graphic marketing materials to support firm wide brand standards
· Manage scheduling, production and delivery of marketing materials with quick turnaround times
· Assist in preparing proposals and presentations
· Design and implement social media posts
· Manage WordPress website
· Manage project portfolio of work
· Organize and maintain marketing data base
· Research and tracking of awards
· Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
· Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat)
· Proficient with WordPress
· Experience with LinkedIn and Instagram marketing campaigns
· Excellent oral/written communication skills
· Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
· Strong attention to detail and good organizational skills a must
· Marketing experience in the A/E professional services industry a plus
· Bachelors degree in Graphic Design and/or Marketing preferred
Sampling of Benefits
· Health/Dental/Life Insurance
· 401K plan
· Paid Holidays
· Paid Vacation
· Paid Sick Leave
· Health Club Membership
· TransitChek Program
Full-time or part-time employment would both be considered
Qualified candidates to submit cover letter, writing and graphic samples
Founded in 1985, Lilker Associates is an award-winning, 135-member engineering firm who has evolved and expanded the role of the traditional MEP/FP engineering company. The firm has two wholly owned subsidiaries: Technology Solutions Group (TSG) serves IT cabling, audio visual and security design needs; Lilker Energy Solutions provides comprehensive energy auditing, modeling, and commissioning services. In addition to those divisions, Lilker Lighting Group (LLG) offers lighting design services and Lilker Special Inspections (LSI) ensures compliance with building codes and standards. Lilker provides services for new and renovated corporate, education, healthcare, commercial, aviation, retail and cultural sectors. Headquartered in Manhattan, Lilker has branch offices in Long Island, Falls Church, VA and Dallas, TX.
Submit A Job Post
AEC Marketing Jobs in New York
An important part of the SMPS New York mission is to enhance our members’ careers. This includes providing an access point for members to locate career opportunities and for companies to seek skilled AEC marketers.