H2M architects + engineers is a multi-discipline professional consulting and design firm with a long history of client service. We consistently meet tough architectural, engineering, and environmental challenges head on. From treatment facilities to firehouses, from land surveying to road reconstruction, and from site assessment to remediation, our firm has helped design and build many communities. At H2M, we are more than just the services we provide.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Proposal Writer to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our organization. You will join a team of talented marketing professionals who work collaboratively with our technical experts. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing content for RFIs, RFPs, RFQs, marketing presentations, white papers, and other business development products. The Technical Proposal Writer will collaborate with the proposal manager and technical experts to develop a structure that is compliant with RFP requirements, compile information obtained through research, and author novel content. The successful candidate will lead the writing and revision of complex documents or sections, as part of a broader team. A Technical Proposal Writer will engage with members of an organization at all levels to assist with the development of solutions that support proposals and capture management activities. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected, as this role will lead the development of compliant and compelling content for capture and proposal efforts. This position is responsible for working with project teams, stakeholders, and individuals, supporting multiple projects concurrently.
- Interface with technical professionals in the writing and editing proposals
- Develop detailed outlines and write text accurately according to specifications.
- Research a variety of assigned topics and develop writing plans and outlines.
- Collaborate with proposal staff to ensure accurate and timely completion of documents.
- Track and monitors flow of all documents from inception to distribution of final copies.
- Identifies and correct problem areas as they arise.
- Work with internal teams to understand client specifications and requirements.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and/or graphics
- Work with team members to obtain an in-depth understanding of the documentation requirements
- Compile research by interviewing subject matter experts, compiling open-source materials, and aligning content against proposal requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable compliance requirements and is appropriate for its intended audience
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English or equivalent preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience writing, editing and managing technical documentation. Writing and editing AEC industry proposals a plus.
- Strong technical writing skills and a proven track record of creating effective, clear, and concise documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all level of employees in an organization.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities in work tasks.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
H2M is a strong collaborative workplace where people and ideas are always treated with respect. I am encouraged to develop, and I love that I am constantly learning new things and skills” Employee testimonial.
We’re passionate about our work, dedicated to our clients, and committed to our legacy. We emphasize collaboration and community involvement and promote sustainability in our practice, ensuring that the right projects are developed with minimal impact on the environment. Our integrated approach to design incorporates the diverse voices and visions of our staff into every project. Through mentoring, peer reviews, and professional development opportunities, employees at every level are offered the opportunity to share best practices and gain new experiences.
Since our early roots, our focus has remained steadfast: to provide quality service with sound judgment and to serve as an honest professional resource to our clients. With a dedicated, responsive staff and multiple service offerings under one roof, we blend “can-do” with “can-be,” developing real, workable solutions with a dose of innovation. Our diverse in-house expertise reduces the need for sub-consultants and ensures that our architects and engineers develop a comprehensive understanding of every project.
Our integrated approach to design incorporates the diverse voices and visions of our staff into every project. Through mentoring, peer reviews, and professional development opportunities, employees at every level are offered the opportunity to share best practices and gain new experiences.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical/dental/vision insurance with HSA & FSA, life and LTD insurance, 401(k) with matching contributions, annual bonus, tuition reimbursement, and excellent professional development program.
Murphy Burnham & Buttrick is seeking a Marketing Director to join our vibrant design practice based in New York City. Our award-winning practice has a diverse body of work comprising institutional, cultural, residential and educational projects across a range of scales and is committed to creating architecture that elevates the human experience. The Marketing Director is responsible for overseeing MBB’s marketing efforts including: business development, PR coordination, strategic oversight of proposals, and internal and external communications. Working closely with our partners, this role will involve researching new business opportunities, and being the point of contact for new business leads, overseeing the proposal process and graphic identity of the firm and liaising with PR firm. The Marketing Director will work closely with the Marketing and Business Coordinator to contribute writing to produce qualifications packages, proposals, presentation materials, and award submissions.
Skills and Qualifications required:
· Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills
· Strong visual graphic sensibility
· A strong interest in architecture
· Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively juggle multiple deadlines
· Detail oriented, accurate, self-starter
· An understanding of NYC architecture and design industry and organizations
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite
· 3-5 years of relevant experience in the A & E industry
Position responsibilities include:
· Develop and implement annual strategy
· Seek new opportunities
· Develop international opportunities
· Oversee the RFP, RFQ, RFI process
· Maintain contacts and mailing lists
· Assist partners with communications
· Set up new meetings with potential clients and institutions
· Create interview presentations and formulate pursuit strategy
· Develop Forensic Report/ Annual Post-Mortem
· Participate in qualification packages to include writing and strategic oversight, quality control
· Pursue Award Submissions
· Maintain and develop social media strategy and other outreach materials
· Organize and participate in project photoshoots.
· Manage Photographer relationships + selection + negotiation
· Develop and manage annual marketing budget
· Journalist relationships
· Pursue Press
· Work closely with PR firm
MBB is deeply committed to fostering a diverse and equitable workplace and profession. Please email a letter of interest and resume to Maricela Salas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and Marketing Director in the subject line. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Salary will be commensurate with experience. We offer a range of benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans, flexible spending account, and professional membership fees.
Curtis + Ginsberg Architects LLP is an award-winning, values-driven firm with a diverse portfolio of mixed use, mixed income housing, educational, and civic work, and a goal of delivering socially and environmentally responsible architecture. Our mission is to ask questions, study options and provide design thinking that helps achieve policy changes and deliver social justice within communities. All C+GA projects embrace decarbonization, degrowth, reuse and adaptation where appropriate and new construction that incorporates best practice energy, passive and active sustainability and resiliency, wellbeing, and active design strategies. We have designed over 1,600 Passive House and/or LEED dwelling units across over 27 buildings, 17 of which are to Passive House standards.
C+GA is currently seeking an intrepid, organized and detail-oriented marketing professional with 10+ years of prior experience in the AEC industry. Their core responsibility will be working with principals and senior staff to execute the Marketing Plan and effectively communicate the firm’s core mission and values. They will oversee production of marketing collateral, such as qualifications, proposals, presentations, awards submissions, and competition entries, along with updating the firm’s written and graphic material.
More specifically, the Marketing Manager will:
- Collaborate directly with Principals and other firm leaders in our 45+ person office.
- Direct and mentor full-time Marketing Specialist and support staff.
- Drive business development activities, including market and client research.
- Organize and manage the production of marketing collateral.
- Using the firm’s Verbal Brand Guidelines, assign, write and edit content for both marketing and communications efforts.
- Liaise with project staff to ensure marketing collateral features the most recent project data.
- Schedule and participate in debriefs, both external and internal, following opportunity win-loss.
- Manage and maintain the firm’s:
– Website (in collaboration with IT)
– Social media accounts
– Communications Calendar, including social media, awards and publications
– External Events Calendar
– Visual assets, such as drawings, renderings and photography
– Boilerplate marketing text
– Project descriptions and staff resumes
– Marketing information databases
The Marketing Manager should have the following skills:
- Advanced knowledge of:
– Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
– Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
– Social media, including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
– Microsoft Teams
– Zoom and other videoconferencing technologies
- The ability to speak and write clearly and succinctly, using proper grammar
- Good time management
The ideal candidate will bring to C+GA:
- Shared values, such as quality design and social and environmental justice.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, architecture, design, or a related field.
- 10+ years of relevant experience, with at least five in a professional services industry, preferably related to architecture.
- Effective organizational and project management capabilities.
- A collaborative but independently motivated working style.
- An industrious and inquisitive nature, able to accept direction but ask critical questions.
- An “eye” for detail and exceptional grammar.
- External professional peer connections and industry involvement.
Full benefits package provided, including medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k with matching contributions, annual bonus, PTO and professional and in-house development programs.
Interested candidates should submit resume, 3-5 work samples, and at least two references as one PDF to email@example.com. Limit submissions to 5MB file size. No calls please.
Submit A Job Post
AEC Marketing Jobs in New York
An important part of the SMPS New York mission is to enhance our members’ careers. This includes providing an access point for members to locate career opportunities and for companies to seek skilled AEC marketers.