Langan is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to join its collaborative team in New York, NY. This individual will serve a key function in the preparation of proposals, qualifications and presentations (from start to finish), researching business development opportunities and marketing event support for projects primarily focused on Langan’s New York and International practice. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work and collaborate with the firm’s employees, managers, as well as architects, construction management firms, developers, attorneys, and other consultants.
- Effectively prepare, assist with, and track proposals; statement of qualifications; requests for quotations and pricing; and other marketing collateral from concept through completion;
- Compose, edit, and create graphic material and preparation of staff resumes and project sheets needed for RFQs, RFPs, etc.;
- Coordinate, track, and support the firm’s business development/marketing activities;
- Prepare and complete 330 standard federal forms;
- Assist in the coordination of trade shows and special events;
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, events, appointments, and project schedules to enhance success of meeting deadlines;
- Attend networking events on behalf of the firm when appropriate; and
- Perform general marketing-related administrative duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field required;
2 to 5 years of experience; prior related internship or professional experience within the real estate, architectural, engineering, or construction industry;
- Professional and positive demeanor;
- Outstanding verbal, writing, and editing skills;
- Ability to work independently, in a team environment, and with multiple deadlines;
- Critical thinking, active listening, and follow up skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize multiple tasks and deliverables;
- Ability to periodically visit branch offices; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; Adobe Professional, Photoshop, and InDesign.
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.
JOB DESCRIPTION – MARKETING COORDINATOR
WHO WE ARE:
RSC Architects is a full-service, fifty-person architectural firm within Hackensack, New Jersey that provides programming, planning, architectural, interior design, and construction administration services for our various municipal, K-12, higher education, healthcare, housing, commercial, and retail clients. At RSC, we give our clients the attention and the responsiveness of a smaller firm while offering the resources and the depth of service that are often associated with larger architectural firms.
We’re looking for a Marketing Coordinator to join our team who is independent, collaborative, creative, and isn’t afraid to offer advice, make recommendations, or think big picture to help contribute to the improvement and the evolution of the firm. With room to grow, this position will allow you to take on greater levels of responsibility with training, mentorship, and a “sky’s the limit” attitude.
*Please note that this position is full time, with the successful candidate working in-person out of our Hackensack, New Jersey office.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Journalism, Graphic Design, or other applicable degree, with marketing or communications experience working in the A/E/C industry preferred.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), along with excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and communication skills.
- A detail-oriented, organized, energetic go-getter who is passionate about marketing, has a desire to learn more, and wants to contribute to the success of their firm.
- A critical thinker with exceptional time management and decision-making skills and a strong work ethic who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and balancing concurrent deadlines.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Working and collaborating with RSC’s Director of Marketing and operational leaders, the Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Preparing, editing, producing, and submitting Letters of Intent (LOI), Request for Qualification (RFQ), and Request for Proposal (RFP) packages for our various municipal, healthcare, educational, etc., clients from start to finish with minimal oversight.
- Facilitating Go/No-Go and kick-off meetings for various pursuits, assigning responsibilities and timetables, ensuring timely responses, and conducting proposal review meetings (pink team, red team, etc.).
- Tailoring and editing written and visual collateral in a way that meet our client’s needs and expectations and can captivate our intended audience.
- Helping to prepare presentation and interview material, as well as brochures, award submittals, and other graphical content.
- Scheduling and attending photography shoots for our various projects, as well as any necessary employee photos or corporate events.
- Working in tandem with RSC’s Director of Marketing to curate and post tailored social media/website content and refine our editorial calendar (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook).
- Ensuring brand consistency across various platforms and marketing collateral.
- Maintaining and updating staff resumes, firm qualifications, project sheets, etc.
- Planning and coordinating client and company events and sponsorship opportunities (trade shows, conferences, groundbreakings, dedications, golf outings, etc.)
- Offer a big-picture view of marketing by contributing to strategic planning and the creation of win themes.
Based in our New York City office, the Coordinator position within our Global Sales & Marketing Services (GSMS) team will support visual storytelling, marketing objectives and sales strategies for an industry-leading, family-owned construction management firm with a diverse portfolio of clients. In this role, you will work closely with both virtual and local GSMS team members and Business Development professionals to assist in the development of sales and marketing deliverables (qualifications/proposals, presentations, ePubs), and marketing campaigns that align with our business and organizational objectives and support the continued growth of Gilbane.
- Support production and coordination of multiple sales submittals; balancing short-term sales priorities with long-term strategic plan tactics while ensuring deadlines are met.
- Participate in pre-sell/capture planning meetings, proposal and presentation content development and presentations.
- Develop the ability to tell stories – stories about clients, projects, people and Gilbane – and incorporate these stories into graphics and written narratives within proposals that address the unique needs of each client.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of local business unit events, and industry award submissions and campaigns to support awareness of Gilbane in the market.
- Maintain critical data for projects, team members, and market sectors utilizing our data management systems.
- Assist in conducting research for the different marketing sectors to understand our clients – who they are, what’s top of mind and key trends. The right candidate will possess curiosity around the “why” and “how” of our work and excitement in translating this into strategies that tie into our sales deliverables.
- Participate in the creative execution of sales deliverables and RFQ/P responses.
- Develop a strong understanding of the AEC community and Gilbane’s capabilities across each sector – locally and nationally.
- Foster relationships to facilitate in identifying value-adds and project descriptions during interviews with project leads.
- Work closely with GSMS colleagues, multi-media/graphics, business development managers and operations partners.
- Coordinate the high volume of information we collect for each of our projects and team members.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be accountable and comfortable rolling up your sleeves. You are highly organized, work smart, possess strong attention to detail and thrive on getting things done.
- Communicate and work effectively in a virtual team environment. You will be supporting pursuits from a variety of markets across the country requiring flexible work styles – supporting others, coordinating and working independently.
- Be a creative and visual thinker that will look for ways to create graphics from words; helping our messaging stand out.
- Be well-versed in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prioritize and manage time effectively to accomplish multiple ongoing responsibilities.
- Bring an appreciation for, and familiarity with, data management systems and a drive to support and maintain.
- Have 1-3 years of marketing experience at an AEC firm, preferably, and a BA/BS degree (required).
Gilbane offers an excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits and a generous profit-sharing/401k plan. We invest in our employees’ education and have built Gilbane University into a top training organization in the construction industry. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test. Gilbane is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.
Gilbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Submit A Job Post
AEC Marketing Jobs in New York
An important part of the SMPS New York mission is to enhance our members’ careers. This includes providing an access point for members to locate career opportunities and for companies to seek skilled AEC marketers.