Senior Digital Marketing Manager
Shen Milsom & Wilke
- Member, SMPS-NY
- Director, Public Relations Committee (2016-2018)
- Connect on LinkedIn
The Public Relations Committee acts as the chapter’s spokesperson, managing the flow of information to the public and gaining exposure for SMPS-NY. The committee develops materials that inform those within and outside the AEC industry regarding the value of SMPS-NY.
Our responsibilities include: managing our social media accounts, creating graphics, writing articles for the SMPS-NY Spotlight blog, Spotlight blog CMS (content management system) management, writing pre-and post-event press releases, and maintaining press/media relationships.
5 reasons why joining the PR Committee is a smart career move!
1. Gain practical experience & develop skills that you may not have the opportunity to cultivate at your job in a safe environment. We try to stay cutting edge in terms of technology & share the latest tools of the trade. Everyone is here to support you.
2. Expand your professional network. Becoming involved introduces you to people from all walks of life. Those people know other people and developing relationships with them could lead to new business and referrals. I’ve also met many fun people whom I now consider good friends.
3. Different Perspectives help you stay inspired & motivated. Connecting with other professionals can offer new and creative ideas that you can bring back to your firm. It also helps you realize that the difficulties or questions you are experiencing are like those of your peers.
4. Brand Building. Not just for the chapter but your own personal brand. We’ve been known to turn ideas into important programs and initiatives with real outcomes; which look great on your resume; come and share your ideas. We are here to listen.
5. Service. One of the things most AEC marketers & business developers have in common is our desire to serve, whether it is in the community, a charity near and dear to our hearts, or our profession. Serving on the PR Committee allows you to give back.
Side note: You’ll be joining an award-winning team! We helped the NY Chapter win the 2017 Striving for Excellence award for outstanding social media. We were recognized on a national level during the 2018 Build Business conference in San Diego.
I hope you will join our team!! Click here to contact us for more information!
Olivia Sonia Farquharson
SMPS-NY Director of PR, 2016-2018