- Member, TME Committee
- @ariwendt Follow on Instagram
- As a contributing force to this year’s TME, July’s Member of the Month is being recognized as an up and comer within our NYC AEC market. Arianna Wendt serves as a marketing coordinator at Dattner Architects. Her passion for architecture and the culture surrounding it is clearly expressed in her responses below. This passion coupled with her organizational abilities, drive, and ability to connect people has become an invaluable asset to our New York chapter. Let’s read below as Arianna has shared some of her thoughts and ideas with us.
- Where are you from originally and what brought you to New York City?
I grew up on Long Island, in a town called Bay Shore. If you have ever tried to visit the Fire Island beaches, you likely took the ferry out of Bay Shore!Living just an hour outside the city, my family and I would often take day trips to visit and explore the city. I’ve always loved to be so close to one of the best cities on earth. From Broadway shows, to food, and of course the architecture. Mixed with an academic passion for buildings and design, I knew NYC was the place I wanted to end up in.
- How has being a member of SMPS influenced your career thus far?
Being less than 2 years out of college, the greatest influence SMPS has provided is a platform to learn more about the industry from others. From informal conversations to professional development events including coordinators club and TME. All have allowed me to grow and learn more about marketing and business development for architecture in New York.
- Can you better describe your Marketing Coordinator role at Dattner Architects and what your daily activities entail?
As a Marketing Coordinator, I typically work closely with the marketing team, Principals, and Associates to develop proposals, brochures, presentations, and awards. Most recently, I have been focusing on more business development pursuits from researching new markets, tracking new solicitations, and assisting with business development strategy meetings. Additionally, we are currently rolling out Open Asset, an image database. I have had the opportunity to learn this new interface and am now able to start teaching others.
- Can you tell us what you’re most looking forward to at TME this year?
I love that it is NYC centric! New York is arguably one of the best and most competitive places on Earth. It’s not just learning about how to market in the AEC industry, but it is how to be the best in the AEC industry, and in the top location in the world. I think this sets people up to be the best they can be, and therefore become an invaluable resource for their company.
What blogs and websites do you visit on a regular basis? Do you follow any industry influencers on social media?
YIMBY, Architects Newspaper, Curbed NY — I love knowing what buildings and developments are happening in the city!
Interview by: Elise Martos, Director of Marketing and Communications for Martos Engineering