Director of Sales
X-Act Contracting Corp.
- Member, Professional Development and TME Committees
As a driving force of both the Professional Development and TME committees, January’s member of the month gives our chapter an exciting start to 2018! Ingrid Sletten has demonstrated her abilities within the AEC community for several years. She currently serves as the Director of Sales at X-Act Contracting Corp. where she is a results-driven professional. Ingrid will be further serving our New York chapter as the chair of the 2018 BD Live event, which will present an opportunity for our members to interact with and learn from firm principals. Let’s read below as Ingrid has shared some of her thoughts and ideas with us.
- Where are you from originally and what brought you to New York City?
I grew up and worked initially in the Midwest. My family is from Wisconsin; after college I worked in St. Louis, Missouri. I moved to New York City to advance my career in Advertising/Media; I wanted to be part of cutting edge work in the field, especially the area of new media and digital marketing. I took a position at a firm in the City and moved here as a result.
- What SMPS happenings are you most looking forward to in 2018?
BD Live! I am the chair of the event this year; we’re interviewing principals of architecture and engineering firms about their strategies for securing new clients. It will be an opportunity for our members and guests to hear firsthand from leaders in the industry as to how they identify and close new business. 2018 MCAs – I am focused on measurable results; awards for our work is a clear measure of those results. I look forward to seeing the best work in our chapter.
- What are some challenges that you face daily in your career and how do you overcome them? My focus is on ROI for everything that I do in my sales and marketing work. Specifically, is the marketing producing the results it should? How do I track results? If results are not up to par, what changes do I make and why? In my sales activity, what strategies pay off best? What are items that are ineffective?.
- What degree (s) do you hold and from what schools?
BA, Summa Cum Laude with Honors, University of Missouri, Columbia, History of Art; MA, Fordham University, Bronx, NY, Christian Spirituality.
- Because you are our January Member of the Month, can you share with us some New Year’s resolutions?
Increasing the ROI of my marketing and sales activity; getting more results from my marketing and sales plans. Never settle!
Interview by: Elise Martos, Director of Marketing and Communications for Martos Engineering