Member, Special Events and Leadership Committees
With a formal education focused on graphic design and photography, February’s Member of the Month has become as active member of our New York chapter. In addition to participating on both the special events and leadership committees, Kathryn Butare serves as a Marketing Coordinator at Dewberry. Let’s read below as
Kathryn has shared some of her thoughts and ideas with us.
- Where are you from originally and what brought you to New York City?
I’m from Central Jersey (Martinsville) and my current job at Dewberry brought me to NYC, and I couldn’t be happier!
- What degree(s) do you hold, and from what schools?
I have a Bachelor of Science in Visual Arts (Concentration Graphic Design/ Photography) from the State University of New York at New Paltz, Go Hawks!
- Describe your perfect Saturday. My perfect Saturday includes a stress free day where I get to sleep in, cook a big breakfast for myself, then head to the beach in (what’s hopefully) 85 degree weather, and spend time on the beach with my family and good friends. Then of course watching the sun go down over the water with a nice glass of wine!
- Can you tell us what the Special Events and Leadership Committees are working on for 2018?
Currently the Special Events committee is working on putting together our Annual Awards Gala in June, and our Leadership Committee is busy finalizing details on some inspiring and informative programs for the next few leadership lunches! Stay tuned for upcoming exciting events!
- What are some of your favorite television shows and movies?
I don’t watch television too often, but my favorite recent favorite television show was Narcos on Netflix. I love the fact that the show is mostly in Spanish (with English subtitles), and I think the show was really well done in showing different pieces of history, melded together with different perspectives of people, and guiltily makes you fall for the family aspect and caring side of Pablo Escobar. I also love a good episode of the newly renewed Curb your Enthusiasm on HBO with Larry David, he always gets me to have a good laugh!
Interview by: Elise Martos, Director of Marketing and Communications for Martos Engineering