GSMS Sales Services Coordinator
Gilbane Building Company
- Member, Professional Development Committee
- As an inquisitive and engaging member of our New York chapter, April’s Member of the Month is an active force on our Professional Development Committee. In addition to her committee role, Courtney Heslin currently serves as a GSMS Sales Service Coordinator at Gilbane Building Company. Holding a Bachelor’s degree from Siena College in psychology, Courtney repeatedly demonstrates her strong sales, organizational, and interpersonal skills within our industry. As she explains in her interview, she enjoys being a part of the SMPSNY community because it promotes professional growth and development.
- Where are you from originally and what brought you to New York City?
I originally am from Paramus, New Jersey. I started working in New York City about two and a half years ago, I knew I was ready for the next step in my career and was ready for new opportunities.
- What motivated you to join the Professional Development Committee and what is the committee currently working on?
I firmly believe that we learn something new every day – the various programs that the Professional Development Committee puts on supports this belief! I knew from the new member breakfast that I attended that this was the committee that I needed to belong too. It is nice to be part of an organization that promotes growth and development for our entire industry. Currently we are planning for a few events that are structed around the Domains of Practice (plug – be on the lookout for our events 4/25 – Back to Basics; 6/28 Client & BD = BD Live).
- What are some challenges that you face daily in your career and how do you overcome them?
Keeping up with the fast pace environment can sometimes be a challenge – but I like it that way! To overcome I like to discover tips and tricks that will help me more efficient for the next time a fire arises.
- What degree(s) do you hold, and from what school(s)?
I have BS in Psychology from Siena College.
- Describe your perfect Saturday.
I am big into family; my perfect Saturday would be spending it with my family and doing something outdoors such as hiking, tennis, or at the dog park!
Interview by: Elise Martos, Director of Marketing and Communications for Martos Engineering