The Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS), the premier AEC marketing and business development association, recently announced a new vision for the organization: “Business Transformed Through Marketing Leadership.” The refreshed, organization-wide vision signals a renewed and re-energized commitment to amplifying marketing’s influence across the AEC industries.
In support of this, the SMPS New York Chapter (SMPS-NY) has undertaken a transformation of its own. With the leadership of 2018-2019 President Kourtenay Mott, Marketing Director at Lam Partners, the chapter made strategic moves to reposition the organization through a number of initiatives, including several firsts for the chapter:
- Adding new M/W/DBE price point for client panel tickets and corporate sponsorship to increase diversity firm access to the chapter’s resources and network.
- Launching the first-of-its-kind Executive Roundtable Series – a repositioning of SMPS-NY’s annual Principal’s Breakfast – which shifted the focus from upcoming project opportunities to a more thought-provoking, brainstorming session of how firms can provide more value and increase their profitability facilitated by Brent Robertson of Fathom.
- Holding strategic focus groups, led by Sarah Nolan Hoff of Hoffhaus Creative, to better understand the needs of its members and how the chapter can best advocate for marketing-led businesses. The feedback was presented at the chapter’s first-ever Town Hall which was open both to members and the industry at large.
Continuing and expanding on these efforts is the 2019-2020 Board of Directors with Katherine DeMercurio, Marketing & Communications Manager of EverGreene Architectural Arts, at the helm as Chapter President.
“Shift happens. Change is inevitable,” says DeMercurio. “We’re charging into 2020 by listening to and learning from one another, sharing industry insights and ideas while forging a new future where our members and volunteers confidently ‘flip the script.’ This Board is curating enriching programs and networking opportunities that further the SMPS vision of advocating for, educating and connecting leaders in our industry.”
The 2019-2020 SMPS-NY Executive Committee and Board of Directors are:
- President: Katherine DeMercurio – Marketing & Communications Manager, EverGreene Architectural Arts
- Vice President/President-Elect: Andrew Weinberg, FSMPS, CPSM – Director of Business Development, Whitestone Associates, Inc.
- Secretary: Atena Vladu – Senior Marketing Manager, Langan
- Treasurer/Director of Sponsorship: Brian C. Ferry – Senior Manager of Marketing & Strategic Communications, CNY Group
- Immediate Past-President: Kourtenay Mott Hanrahan, LEED GA – Marketing Director, Lam Partners
Board of Directors
- Director-At-Large: Sarah Nolan Hoff – Owner/Creative Director, Hoffhaus Creative LLC
- Professional Development: Alexa B. Antopol – Chief Intelligence Officer, Fisher Dachs Associates
- Membership: Elizabeth Bellsey, Marketing Coordinator – BAM Architecture Studio
- Communications: Tiffany Carter – Marketing Director, OneLux Studio
- New Jersey Affiliate: Kristy Cerullo – Marketing/Proposal Manager, First Environment, Inc.
- Westchester/Hudson Valley Affiliate: Elissa Delfico – President, M. Delfico Marketing & Events
- Leadership: Kyle Fisher – Associate Principal, ARUP
- Programs: Lexi Fritz – Marketing Specialist, Tetra Tech
- Public Relations: Nathan Reyna – PR & Content Manager, Mancini Duffy
- Special Events: Nicole Veenstra – Marketing Coordinator, Langan
Sharyn Yorio, FSMPS, CPSM, a Principal at Next Phase Collaborative will mentor the Board as Chapter Champion.