Why Professionals Join
From professional development programs to client panels to networking events to committee involvement, SMPS-NY offers great opportunities for members to learn important skills, share business opportunities and participate in our community. We are one of the largest chapters of SMPS, and we love that our members often describe our group as welcoming, inspiring and fun. Join us!
SMPS can help you, as a member, build your business and advance your career.
- Networking opportunities. Make local, regional, and national AEC business contacts.
- Leadership Opportunities. Develop and practice your leadership skills by getting involved in SMPS: the best way to get involved is by joining one of our chapter’s committees. Other opportunities include serving on our board of directors, participating on a regional conference planning committee, or joining one of the Society’s task forces and committees.
- Earn professional credentials via the Certified Professional Services Marketer Program. In an industry that values certification, the CPSM program can help you build your personal brand as an expert in marketing and business development, increasing your credibility with employers, coworkers, and peers.
- In 2014-15, SMPS-NY has over 30 events planned for the tri-state area. Attend our chapter’s events or national programs and conferences to explore how other professional services firms are tackling the business challenges you and your colleagues face every day.
- Learn about trends, best practices, and relevant issues impacting professional services marketing and business development. SMPS membership includes subscriptions to the award-winning journal Marketerand to Connections, our e-newsletter; access to research and white papers funded by the SMPS Foundation; and discounts on industry publications from the SMPS Bookstore.
- Access to MySMPS, the award-winning online community designed exclusively for SMPS members.
- Plan your career, gain access to advancement tools, and search for job opportunities through the SMPS Career Center.
Why Firms Support Membership
Beyond your personal professional development, your SMPS membership provides access to:
- National and regional contacts that facilitate teaming opportunities, business referrals, and knowledge of AEC business practices, trends, and successes.
- Professional development opportunities for business development, marketing, and technical staff members including training and leadership programs and venues for speaking and writing on AEC topics.
- Opportunities to develop contacts and form relationships in the greater AEC industry that create an enhanced sense of community and engage emerging leaders.
- Programs and conferences to explore how other professional services firms are tackling the business challenges you and your colleagues face every day.