Marketing Coordinator-Huntington Station
GEI Consultants, Inc. is a leading consulting engineering firm ranked #122 in the ENR Top 500 Design Firms List (2013). GEI serves hundreds of Government, Energy, Industry, and Institutional clients, and has completed 30,000 project engagements throughout the United States, Canada, and the world.
Founded in 1970, GEI is a privately held, employee-owned company with over 600 employees located in 33 offices across the United States. GEI’s technical experts are involved in dozens of specialty services emanating from our traditional core practices which include geotechnical, environmental, water resources, and ecology.
GEI continues to grow and expand, both in technical services offerings and geographic coverage. GEI “seller-doers” are considered some of the leading subject matter experts (SMEs) in their respective fields.
The Huntington Station, Long Island NY / Mt. Laurel NJ office location is seeking a highly organized, creative, and self-motivated person to fill the position of Marketing Coordinator.
• Team-oriented culture and environment
• Competitive salaries
• Competitive benefits package
Candidate must possess acquired knowledge and have developed basic marketing skills from prior positions and work experience. This person will be required to apply prescribed techniques and procedures in accordance with established criteria and company systems to perform assigned tasks and projects. The Marketing Coordinator will work under supervision of the Regional Marketing Manager in support of the daily operations of the marketing department and its internal clients (e.g., technical staff).
• Coordinates, writes, and formats compelling, competitive, and winning proposals; coordinates efforts with other GEI offices, subcontractors and teaming partners, and corporate marketing staff.
• Actively manages the proposal development process from start to finish by consistently applying GEI’s proposal management, client analysis, and capture planning processes.
• Assesses and understands solicitation requirements; evaluates technical content to ensure compliance with RFP requirements and evaluation criteria; prepares qualifications materials specific to solicitations; and writes/edits proposals and proposal sections.
• Works with the Regional Marketing Manager to monitor proposal assignment progress and quality to ensure proposal schedule is met.
• Responsible for proposal/document quality, compliance, responsiveness to RFP requirements, consistency in pursuit strategy/proposal themes, compliance, printing, assembly, and on-time delivery.
• Responsible for managing multiple proposals running concurrently (vary in complexity and monetary value), and scheduling workload and priorities accordingly.
• Prepares proposals and other marketing materials using GEI brand standard guidelines and Adobe Creative Suite products.
• Assists with and creates creative conceptualization and design of proposal structure and graphics, including covers, tabs, org charts, and custom graphics.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Support
• Participates in maintaining current information in the marketing database (Cosential) related to opportunities, projects, personnel, and general knowledge.
• Develops reports to extract information from the marketing database.
• Track business development efforts and researching opportunities.
Supplementary Support Services
• Assists in public relations activities.
• Assists in development of presentations/interviews.
• Assists with conference preparation and coordination including preparation of collateral, etc.
• Attends business development meetings and records action items.
• Completes market intelligence research, including gathering and documenting findings.
• Maintains and tracks company store inventory, including promotional items.
• Must be a team player with a positive attitude and flexible in an environment of tight deadlines and frequent interruptions.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Business Administration, or Marketing preferred
• Minimum three years of experience in an office environment in Marketing or administrative capacity supporting marketing departments and/or lead/client generation and proposal efforts in the AEC industry.
• Proposal experience for New York State and other east coast state agencies is a strong plus.
• Minimum of one year document layout and production experience.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office products.
• Experience with databases a plus.
• Strong creative/graphic design skills and use of other media in marketing proposals, presentations, and related collateral materials.
• Strong organizational skills with ability to independently handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Professional demeanor and detail-oriented with the ability to handle confidential information.
• Ability to interface effectively with all levels of staff (management, technical, marketing, administrative).
• Proven writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
• Ability to work overtime on an as needed basis.
• Estimated travel needs will be less than 20%.
GEI is an Equal Opportunity Employer