Colliers International is actively seeking a Business Development Director to join our rapidly growing Project Management Team serving the New York City region. If you are an experienced professional seeking a new challenge in an exciting environment, this may be the right moment to join our highly respected team as we elevate our presence in this dynamic market. The Business Development Director is responsible for elevating our brand and creating new business opportunities for our project management/owner’s representation services in our core markets which include residential, commercial, education, and institutional clients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Managing existing relationships and building new business and client relationships through consistent communication with key decision makers and influencers including prospective owners, developers, boards of directors, trustees, property managers, architects, etc.;
• Actively researching, identifying, developing and tracking project opportunities in defined target market sectors;
• Create short and long term objectives to meet business needs;
• Participating in industry events, tradeshows, and associations in order to support the execution of business development plans and goals;
• Managing NY client database and tracking new business opportunities; ensuring a continuous healthy pipeline of opportunities.
Candidates must have experience in business development and ideally within the project management, construction, architecture, facilities planning, and/or other owner’s representation arena. This position requires a high level of self-motivation, energy, strategic business thinking, and professionalism in dealing with clients while under limited supervision.
• Bachelor’s degree required;
• 10+ years of experience in business development role;
• Experience in design, construction and/or development field preferred;
• Existing network of contacts in Greater New York City target markets;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Strong presentation skills;
• Propensity to think creatively and strategically;
• Able to work independently with a team player attitude;
• Must have valid driver’s license and be able to travel outside NYC;
• Strong Microsoft Office abilities.
Colliers International | Project Management Northeast (formerly Strategic Building Solutions – SBS) has been a leading provider of professional management support services to clients for nearly two decades. We have partnered with institutions and organizations to create buildings that work and operate efficiently. We empower clients to get the facilities they need and the buildings they envision by delivering technical, analytical, and managerial support. In every engagement, our approach is proactive, pragmatic, and intensely collaborative.
Our team comprises virtually all the skill sets and professional backgrounds an organization might need to supplement its own capabilities and ensure the success of its building related endeavors. We are looking for leaders to join our dedicated team of professionals. We offer comprehensive benefits and a competitive compensation plan.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity of expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need special accommodation to access our offices, please call Human Resources at 860-395-0055 x185 for assistance.
Click here to apply: COLLIERS INTERNATIONAL