Location: New York
Perkins Eastman is a global architecture and design firm guided by the belief that design can have a positive and lasting impact on people’s lives. With more than 1,000 employees in 15 locations around the world, we collaborate seamlessly across borders, barriers, and disciplines to connect people and ideas. Whether conceiving of new healthcare models, reviving a local landmark as a boutique hotel, or helping communities become more resilient, we are united in a dedication to progressive and inventive design that enhances the human experience. If everything is design, everything we do is HUMAN BY DESIGN.
The Practice Area Marketing Specialist for Science & Technology, partnering with the Science and Technology Practice Area Leaders, is responsible for marketing and business development efforts, including formulating strategy, identifying priorities, supporting business development efforts, and providing content and quality control for marketing deliverables.
• Works with the practice area leaders and Principals firmwide to identify and track science and technology targets and leads and to prepare weekly business development reports
• Facilitates a proactive business development effort in collaboration with the principals; runs the business development meetings
• Assist with developing the strategic plan for the practice area, and coordinating with all offices where science and technology is practiced
• Leads the proposal preparation and production effort
• Works with presentation teams to strategize and rehearse for presentations
• Creates content as required for specific proposals, qualifications, brochures, presentations, etc.
• Provides review and quality control of proposals, presentations, award submissions, etc.
• Promote the visibility of Perkins Eastman in the industry through public relations (with firmwide communications staff) and leading our participation in industry events
• Provide coaching in marketing and business development skills for technical staff
• Responsible for the development and organization of science and technology marketing resources
• Leads data gathering initiative to update resumes, reference information, project information, and consultant/vendor information
• The Practice Area Marketing Specialist reports to the Firmwide Director of Marketing for overall direction and resource allocation. The Marketing Specialist is responsible for providing support to Principals and Practice Area Leaders for their business development efforts.
• Bachelor of Arts in Architecture, Marketing, Business, Communications, English or related field.
Minimum of 7 to 10 years of relevant experience working in the A/E/C marketing, preferably in science and technology
• Leadership: ability to be the local leader of the marketing and business development process, to set a vision and motivate
• Strategic: ability to position the firm for a specific project or target market
• Industry: understanding of the business of architecture and design
• Client/customer service: understanding of marketing as a service to the office
• Communications: ability to speak and write clearly
• Organizational: ability to organize a document, a production process, a department
• Teamwork: works as a member of a team, pitches in to help out others
• Software: Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office
How to Apply:
If you would like to join a dynamic, energized, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, please visit our career page and apply with your cover letter, resume and/or portfolio (Adobe PDF preferred). No phone calls please.
Perkins Eastman is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and a participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.