Public Relations Coordinator, Perkins + Will
As part of the Corporate Marketing team, the Public Relations Coordinator, under the direction of the Chief Marketing Officer, will work with the company’s leadership and marketing teams to define and support the firm’s overall public relations strategy across all offices and practice areas. This role will serve as the key point person for all proactive and reactive PR activities and will help develop, coordinate, and implement such initiatives with the goal of heightening Perkins+Will’s brand recognition as a top interdisciplinary design firm committed to sustainability, social responsibility, innovation, and transformative design while establishing its thought leadership.
- Serve as lead liaison with public relations agencies of record, working together to identify key projects and stories to pitch to various media outlets in order to secure relevant and on-brand editorial placements.
- Work with Corporate Marketing team, marketing directors, discipline leaders, and public relations associates to develop and execute public relations strategy that supports that firm’s business development goals. PR efforts include, but are not limited to, publicizing the firm’s projects, awards, wins, new hires, promotions, and other activities; elevating visibility of principals as design experts and thought leaders; identifying, organizing, and promoting speaking opportunities and conference appearances; developing creative and integrated programs and events; cultivating and pitching story ideas that underscore the company’s core values and thought leadership; and placing byline articles and other key mentions.
- Create and manage tracking systems of Corporate public relations activities such as significant project openings and major speaking engagements.
- Assist in the development of public relations guidelines and protocols for consistent approach internally and with public relations agencies.
- Fulfill media requests, which may involve compiling and providing information and photography, setting up interviews, and serving as the point person for external follow up.
- Draft and edit press releases and other press/editorial materials.
- Support and manage oversight of media events.
- Implement system to leverage achieved publicity for marketing purposes.
- Report on publicity achieved and promote press highlights via firm’s social media channels.
- Work with internal blog team to align PR calendar and blog entries.
- Degree in communications, public relations, or other related field with 3+ years public relations experience, preferably in A/E/C industry or a design or creative services environment.
- Experience with external public relations agencies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Success managing public relations on cross-functional teams, across a multi-office platform.
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual problem-solving ability.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in print and social media relations.
- Willing to travel if and as needed.
How to Apply:
Submit your application directly through the job requisition on our careers webpage: Perkins + Will