Overview: The Proposal Manager will be an integral part of the Business Development Department. The goal of the Department is to identify geographic markets and relevant projects, and pursue opportunities in line with OHL North America’s core competencies to enable us to grow and expand.
To help achieve this goal, the Department:
• Researches and identifies key opportunities for growth across the U.S. and Canada. • Identifies and establishes relationships with construction joint venture partners and design firms to pursue projects.
• Establishes relationships with owners to introduce/update them about OHL North America.
• Prequalifies the company with agencies to enable us to bid work.
• Prepares and submits project-specific prequalifications and proposals in order to be short-listed and/or be awarded projects.
• Implements branding, messaging and marketing strategies.
• Prepare agency prequalification documents for submission to owners (generally State DOTs) to ensure the company’s continued ability to bid projects. These are typically renewed on an annual basis. The preparation and compilation work involves interacting with project managers and the finance and legal departments.
• Prepare project-specific Statements of Qualifications and responses to Request for Proposals. The Proposal Manager will manage the entire proposal – from concept to development to submission and post-submission clarifications. A typical proposal would comprise of several sections, such as team background, project understanding, past experience, project profiles, resumes of personnel, and write-ups on safety, quality, etc. It would also include completing relevant forms.
Specific tasks include:
• Analyzing the RFQ/RFP
• Developing a proposal management plan
• Assigning proposal development tasks and due dates
• Drafting (including technical writing), editing and reviewing all proposal material
• Ensuring compliance with all requirements
• Managing the team members involved from conception to delivery
• Ensuring the final document is organized and presented in a compelling manner
• Strong technical/engineering background
• Strong and extensive writing experience and skills
• Ability to work within stringent deadlines
• Inter-personal skills and ability to work collaboratively with others
• Ability to multi-task several competing deadlines
• Strong management and communication skills to ensure team members are aligned and up-to-date at every stage of proposal development
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, etc.)
• The Proposal Manager will report to the VP of Business Development and/or the Senior Proposal Manager.
Click here to review and apply for this position.
OHL North America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or any other category protected by law.