At Gilbane we’re building more than buildings, we’re helping to create schools, hospitals, laboratories and other facilities that help people live better. As a fifth generation family business, we’ve built the best team in the industry with a culture of caring that treats all of our employees as trusted members of the Gilbane family. We also invest in our employees’ education and have built Gilbane University into the top training organization in the construction industry. If you want to make a real difference in people’s lives and become part of a growing organization that treats you like family – you will feel right at home at Gilbane.
Are you are a highly-motivated professional who wants to collaborate within a global virtual sales and marketing department? Do you thrive when balancing ongoing priorities with critical deadlines? Based in our New York City, NY office, the proposal manager role is dynamic and multi-faceted. In this role, you will lead production teams and collaborate with sales teams to develop high quality, strategic responses to clients’ requests for proposals and qualifications within compressed time frames, while also supporting strategic marketing and communications initiatives.
• Write, design, and produce multiple concurrent sales deliverables including introductory packages, technically complex proposals, presentations and other client submissions
• Balance short-term team and individual priorities with long-term strategic plan tactics and ensure deadlines are met
• Oversee and maintain data for projects, team members, market sector and project statistics into data management systems
• Lead assignment teams with effective personnel mentoring and time management skills
• Manage direct reports including balancing workload and fostering a collaborative team working environment in a high deliverable volume office
• Participate and support Gilbane’s events locally
• Contribute to the development of strategic content to Gilbane’s website and digital communication channels
• 5+ years of experience in the A/E/C industry
• Bachelor’s Degree Required in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field preferred
Key knowledge, skills & abilities for success
• You have proven knowledge of public and private procurement processes for A/E/C services, while understanding of a wide variety of RFQ/P document types
• Your excellent strategic writing, editing, and quality control skills result in highly professional proposals and presentations
• You enjoy working in a team environment
• You are proficient in desktop publishing, Abode Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office (e.g., PPT; SharePoint, InDesign, etc.)
Excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits, generous profit-sharing/401k plan, as well as technical and management training programs. Gilbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status. Gilbane has an unwavering focus on safety, the environment and caring about everyone involved in our work. Qualified applicants who are offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment substance abuse test. Gilbane is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.
New York, New York, United States
Candidates can apply here.