Imagine a professional services firm with vision beyond “the ordinary.” A firm with deep subject-matter expertise as well as deep national resources. A firm committed to putting clients at the center of everything it does. That firm is Dewberry. And those qualities are among the pillars of what we call “The Dewberry Way” – a set of guiding principles and values that govern the way we’ve done business for more than a half-century. Our architects, engineers, and consultants – many of whom are internationally recognized authorities – offer a proven track record of providing award-winning services and solutions to a wide variety of public- and private-sector clients. We’ve built long-term, trusted relationships through unsurpassed client service and a dedication to solving today’s – and tomorrow’s – most complex challenges. In the process, we help our clients transform their communities and improve the quality of life.
Dewberry, a full service, national A/E firm, has an excellent opportunity in Bloomfield, NJ for an experienced and highly communicative marketing professional to support its Infrastructure Engineering Group. Serving as the proposal manager for our pursuit/proposal efforts, you will coordinate the proposal process from prospect identification through strategy development, proposal preparation and submittal. Proposal Managers are responsible for producing focused, responsive proposals that sell.
• Support and report to the Branch Marketing Pursuit Manager.
• Track RFPs Track RFPs, manage the proposal preparation process, including technical and business proposals, qualification packages, and oral presentations.
• Assist with pursuit win strategies, client gaps, sales message, proposal resource requirements, and project team selection
• Write and edit supporting sales materials including cover letters, executive summaries, project descriptions, resumes, service line overviews, merit award submissions, etc.
• Represent the firm with teaming partners and subcontractors.
• Prequalify Dewberry with select agencies.
• Comply with our corporate standards to present a consistent appearance and style for all external marketing materials.
• Manage time appropriately and maintain flexibility to work overtime to meet all pursuit deadlines.
• Collaborate closely with other regional and company marketing staff across branches, geographies and service lines.
• Track and trend individual performance and strive for continuous improvement.
Required Skills & Required Experience:
• 3+ years’ experience writing proposals for an A/E/C firm.
• Effective project management skills, including planning, organization, problem identification and resolution, and resource management skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills necessary to lead multi-discipline teams.
• Extensive experience with proposal process and production.
• Extensive experience and proficiency with Word and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with ADOBE Creative Suite and proficiency in INDESIGN, desktop publishing or graphics software also preferred.
• Familiarity with Deltek Vision or database administration preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• BA or BS degree preferred.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.