KS Engineers provides multi-discipline engineering services, including civil, transportation, structural, survey and construction management, with offices located in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut.
Our Newark NJ office is currently seeking a Proposal Coordinator.
• Organize and coordinate all activities involved in the document preparation of Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Qualifications (RFQ), and Requests for Proposals (RFP) to clients, including Proposals, Qualifications Packages, and Government Standard Forms.
• Write non-technical sections such as cover letters, executive summaries and project team overviews.
• Edit and proofread technical documents for grammar and clarity to ensure client requirements are met.
• Coordinate with all production personnel including project managers, technical staff, and graphic artists via face-to-face communication as well as via phone and email
• Monitor various websites for RFPs and RFQs.
• Set up and conduct efficient Kick-Off Meetings.
• Help the technical staff prepare proposal presentations as needed.
• Complete all the necessary proposal close out activities including proper electronic filing, updating resumes and certifications, adding new contacts to our CRM and monitoring the proposal’s status.
• Must handle multiple work assignments concurrently, adhere to strict deadlines, and be accountable for work performed.
• Must have the ability to identify and separate work tasks, prioritizing them in relation to the overall proposal production activity and deadlines.
• Must have good communication skills, be organized, detail-oriented, and proactive on assignments.
• Must be a strong writer and editor.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be a self-starter.
• Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or English preferred
• Minimum 3 years experience in the proposal production, development or marketing capacity for an engineering or architectural firm is required.
• Working knowledge of engineering or architecture industry.
• Familiarity with proposal production, coordination, or marketing in the NJ, NY, PA local, state and federal markets.
• Familiarity with SF 254, SF 255 and SF 330 form preparation and formats.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Working knowledge of Adobe and Photoshop software preferred.