Our Marketing department seeks a self-motivated marketing coordinator to support multiple offices by preparing a wide variety of proposals, prequalification documents, PowerPoint presentations, among other responsibilities. The position, based in the 51 Madison Avenue, New York, NY office, may involve limited travel.
Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are an employee-held organization of 1,200 engineers, architects, sustainability practitioners and support professionals collaborating from offices across North America and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
• Work with Marketing Manager and technical staff to prepare responses to RFQs/RFPs and to assemble high-quality custom packages and presentations.
• Develop, organize, update and format Marketing collateral (resumes, project sheets, project lists, etc.), while maintaining consistency, quality and corporate branding.
• Update and maintain various marketing logs and databases.
• Maintain Marketing files and collateral inventory.
• Establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with senior management and with Marketing and Communications staff.
• Some travel may be required.
• Bachelor’s degree with about five (5) years of marketing experience within the A/E/C industry.
• Experience responding to both private and public sector RFPs.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Desire to collaborate with senior-level technical staff and marketing peers.
• Highly motivated, strategic thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and decisive and self-directed mindset.
• Takes initiative and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
• Conscientious and flexible, with a strong work ethic and can-do attitude.
• Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Detail oriented, with an eye toward the big picture of office, region, practice and firm goals.
• Strong skills in time management and prioritization.
• Effectively handles multiple time-sensitive requests.
• Willing to go the extra mile when demands require.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills; ability to adapt to different communication styles.
• Proven editing ability; knowledge of The Chicago Manual of Style a plus.
• Proficiency with InDesign, Microsoft Office and PowerPoint. Proficiency in software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Deltek Vision and Salesforce a plus.
• Ability to guide others in the firm on the appropriate use of marketing tools and systems.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience and ability. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.