Gensler is a leading architecture, design, and planning firm, with 5,000+ staff in 46 locations around the world. Gensler’s New York City office is seeking a creative, motivated, and highly collaborative individual to join our team as a Marketing Specialist. Marketing Specialists are the key producers of materials that support Gensler’s business development efforts. They work under the direction of senior staff and marketing leaders to write, design, and produce proposals, presentations, and other material used to help the firm win work. Marketers also support the general activities of the office/regional marketing studio, such as public relations, photography, and knowledge management.
Successful candidates will join a team of skilled marketers who enjoy working together almost as much as we love winning. Our next superstar will be a natural collaborator, eager to lend a hand, an idea, or a well-timed gif for morale. Excellent communicators, proactive problem solvers, and strategic thinkers will find an environment that supports thoughtful work and professional growth. Gensler offers additional opportunities for marketers who perform at exceptional levels within practice areas or disciplines, such as writing, graphic design, strategy, and/or public relations.
• Working with principals, senior staff, and other marketing team members to design, write, and produce proposals, presentations, and other marketing collateral in alignment with brand standards
• Participating in pursuit strategy and planning
• Developing new materials as needed to support business development activities
• Performing multiple marketing efforts against rapid and frequent deadlines
• Understanding and learning Gensler’s portfolio of work, practice areas, and firm wide capabilities
• Maintaining resources & information systems
• Working closely with other marketing team members to complete special projects, elevate the quality of our efforts, and plan social gatherings
• 3+ years of professional experience in a marketing position with a design or professional services firm
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Business, Architecture, Interior Design, Graphic Design, Communications or
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including creating effective presentations and marketing collateral
• Self-motivator with strong organizational and intra-personal skills, and a great collaborator.
• Strong organizational skills to coordinate and manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Ability to work with diverse project teams and in a fast-paced work environment
• Strong graphic communication and design skills
• Competency in InDesign is a must
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is a plus
Please submit a Cover Letter and Resume here GENSLER. The Cover Letter should address the key characteristics highlighted in the position description and should communicate the reasons why the Candidate’s skill set and background is ideal for this role.