McMillen Jacobs Associates’ has an immediate opening in our Boston or New York City office for a Marketing Manager to manage and execute a variety of marketing tasks.
• Manages marketing process to support senior management in developing project opportunities.
• Responsible for regional pursuit and proposal efforts, including serving as proposal manager.
• Proposal effort includes facilitation of pursuit planning, writing a proposal directive, leading, managing all aspects of proposal production. This includes writing the non-technical sections; compiling and editing all proposal sections; preparation, production and facilitation of blue and red team reviews, managing red team recoveries, final edits and fatal flaw reviews.
• Must have a keen eye for details and manage all proposal compliance requirements.
• Understands clients, teaming, and competitive landscape in region or area.
• Supports business development through research, coordination, and meeting attendance.
• Facilitates established corporate marketing and proposal development processes, including go/no-go decisions, marketing strategies, proposal development strategies, and production of complex technical proposals.
• Manages and executes qualification collateral updates, especially resume and project descriptions.
• Identifies and participates in planning and execution of industry events.
• Provides input into strategic initiatives and budgets.
• Manages expenditures on pursuits. Provides timely input for marketing reports.
• Maintains files. Manages updates to marketing data. Participates in database updates.
• Delivers high level of quality in documents and internal service.
• Able to travel within and outside the East Region for executing marketing tasks in other offices.
• Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in business, marketing, communications, journalism, engineering; or related field.
• 15+ years of relevant (east coast AE marketing) experience with a minimum of 5 years of experience in producing AE proposals.
• Experience in marketing of technical engineering or architectural services is essential.
• A majority of the experience must be in pursuing work and leading proposal efforts for local, state and federal public agencies in the water, wastewater, transit and natural resources markets
• Excellent communication, writing, editing, and project management skills.
• Mandatorily proficient in In-Design, MS Office, PowerPoint, and Vision.
• Superior time management skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments at the same time.
• SMPS or PSMA certificated