Horton Lees Brogden Lighting Design (HLB Lighting Design) is an internationally recognized design firm focused on architectural lighting for both interior and exterior environments. We are inspired by the artistry of light and its impact on the natural and architectural environment. We infuse our core values of artistry, legacy, curiosity, balance, and integrity into every project.
We look for individuals who are inspired by our values, who seek to learn and in turn teach others, who respect, value and promote the integrity of our work, who care about the impact we make in people’s lives, and who are responsive to our ever-changing world.
The Marketing Assistant will support the Marketing departments of the New York and Miami offices of HLB Lighting Design. Reporting to Senior Associate and National Marketing Manager in the New York office the Marketing Assistant responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Supporting the design and production process for proposals as assigned, assisting with the production of letters of interest, credentials packages, proposals submittals, interview preparation, brochures, award submittals, advertising, speaking engagements, and/or special events for assigned marketing groups.
Marketing Administrative responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Scheduling meetings and maintaining calendars, making travel arrangements, answering and directing phone calls, completing expense reports, coordinating internal AIA lunches and events, and providing clerical support.
This is a full-time, hands-on position for a dynamic, self-motivated and detail-oriented individual who works well in a team. Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication, be able to work in a deadline-driven atmosphere, and have excellent time management and organizational skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office required. While it is not required to exhibit proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop, the position will require proficiency/knowledge and use of these software programs (training will be provided).
• Provide clerical support for Marketing
• Prepare proposals and qualifications materials
• Maintain resumes, boilerplate information, project descriptions, photographs, graphics, etc.
• Coordinate with other marketing staff firm-wide
• Assist with updating website content
• Maintain Open Asset image and Deltek Vision databases
• Assist with networking , event planning & preparation, and marketing campaigns
• Assist with Awards submissions and processing applications
• Provide executive assistant support to National Marketing Manager and Principals (if needed)
• Proficient with word processing software (Microsoft Office, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat)
• Proficient with desktop publishing/design tool software (In Design, Photoshop)
• Knowledge of CRM database concepts
• Organizational skills, multi-tasking
• Detail oriented
• Writing skills
• Good time-management skills
• Ability to work well with people
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Business or Marketing preferred.
If interested, please visit our website at HLB LIGHTING DESIGN to email your resume, portfolio, and cover letter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Horton Lees Brogden Lighting Design takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.