HLB Lighting Design is in search of a Marketing Proposal Coordinator who is dedicated to the art of the pursuit. Someone who can leverage their unique skill set and experience, and embraces a high volume deadline-driven responsive environment. We invite you to explore this opportunity to work with a New York and Miami principal team and national marketing team on firm-wide initiatives. Our firm seeks marketing professionals with strong leadership skills motivated by the excitement to deliver a distinctive winning proposal. As architectural lighting design sub-consultants, we focus on one area of design expertise to support and enhance the win quotient for the architectural team.
About The Role
• Reviewing RFQ/RFP’s to prepare Go-No-Go decisions with principals.
• Lead qualitative response/clarifications to RFQ/RFP’s with clients and may attend pre-proposal meetings.
• Read and review RFQ/RFP materials highlighting key scope of work and services, and monitor procurement sources.
• Preparing proposals and preparations from the initial stage to final production and delivery. Includes spreadsheet fee formats (excel), technical proposals (word) and qualifications packages (InDesign).
• Preparing documents, spreadsheets and procedures for qualifying WBE/DBE contract process with various city, state and federal agencies and contracts to meet FAR requirements.
• Work with business development and marketing teams to implement pursuit success strategies to differentiate our firm and produce professional proposals and interview presentations.
• Working with business development team and principals to effectively follow up on proposal submissions and get the team to the next stage.
• Preparing comparative research of past project/proposal and client data in Deltek/Vision CRM to assist in fee structuring analysis.
• Complying with our corporate brand standards to present a consistent appearance and style for all external marketing communications, including project descriptions, qualification packages, presentation graphics, proposals, résumés, and brochures, (etc.).
• Collaborate in writing sales materials as needed including project descriptions and resumes with team members.
• Managing time and team assignments appropriately to meet all pursuit deadlines. Overtime may be needed at times to coordinate final submissions.
Required Skills & Experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel required.
• Proficiency with Deltek Vision preferred or other database administration experience.
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
• Excellent writing skills required.
• Time management skills required.
• Strong interpersonal/leadership skills required.
• Five years of experience in A/E/C industry.
Interested candidates should email: cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and writing/graphic samples to:
Jonas Ryan Foster, Senior Associate | National Marketing Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our careers page to learn more about the position, HLB culture, and benefits.
HLB Lighting Design is the largest, women-owned, independent architectural lighting design firm in North America. We specialize in creating highly advanced and experiential lighting environments in 16 market sectors across the globe. Culture is at the heart of everything we do at HLB — how we live, how we work and how we serve the design community. We’re all about providing a foundation to achieve our purpose: your professional growth is our gain.
HLB’s marketing playground consists of 7 design studios offering local, national, and global expertise. We are a fully integrated in-house marketing, business development, and branding team that promotes collaboration and sharing through distributed leadership. We’re looking for a dynamic Marketing Proposal Coordinator to support our New York and Miami studios and complement our national “SMPS Award Winning” team.
Check out our #iamHLB video campaign through our Vimeo channel to get a glimpse of our culture and talent that fuels our firm. This could be you! https://vimeo.com/hlblighting
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Horton Lees Brogden Lighting Design takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.