The Director of Business Development will lead business development for the company and will expand and strengthen the organization’s market position in the NYC metropolitan area. The ideal candidate will work to define long-term organizational strategic goals, build client relationships, identify and win business opportunities, and foster a highly collaborative and effective outreach culture company-wide.
• Develop business plans that address broad-based marketing and business development strategies
• Develop and execute strategies for lead generation, sales, pricing and all other matters related to revenue generation
• Provide market feedback to company leadership regarding competitive offerings, potential opportunities, prospect needs and product development ideas
• Directly pursue sales leads and prospective clients, deliver presentations and proposals, and negotiate business deals
• Lead a targeted public sector business growth plan for NYC including transportation engineering, transit, planning, community outreach, and inspection services business units
• Lead internal teams from multiple disciplines to pursue key prospects; coach teams in preparation for interviews
• Maintain extensive knowledge of current market dynamics
• Build and maintain client relationships
• Mentor internal business development skills and involvement, strengthen sales and client relationship competencies throughout all departments and offices
• Work collaboratively in all company marketing, branding and business development initiatives
• Bachelor’s degree, strong engineering/planning industry knowledge and 5 to 10 years executive experience relevant to the industry and directly involving sales and relationship responsibilities. Demonstrated leadership, revenue generation, strategic planning, management, presentation and communication skills are required. Highly professional approach, charisma and energy, and strong inter-personal and collaborative skills are also critical requirements.
Sam Schwartz Engineering PLLC is a market-leading transportation engineering and planning firm headquartered in NYC with offices in Newark, NJ; Washington, D.C., Chicago, IL.; Tampa, FL; and Los Angeles, CA. Sam Schwartz Engineering PLLC is an equal-opportunity employer.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Director of Human Resources at email@example.com