STUDIOS Architecture is an international design firm focused on enhancing the human experience. We value the process of discovery as much as the end-result. Our office culture is fun, non-hierarchical, highly collaborative, hard-working, and nimble.
Our industry is continuing to change at a more rapid pace than ever, and so is our marketing and business development team. We are looking for a Business Development Coordinator to support our New York City office located in the vibrant SoHo neighborhood. We believe candidates who are inherently self-starters with a passion for design are most successful in our organization.
We’re looking for someone with a knack for relationship-centric business development and strong communication skills who can help us transform the monolog of the pursuit process into a dynamic client dialog. This person will work seamlessly with our entire East Coast Division marketing and business development team, as well as support firm wide, global efforts. They will interface with our Director of Marketing and Principals to set business development goals and establish strategies aimed at expanding existing relationships and developing new ones.
This team member will:
• Represent STUDIOS in the marketplace, carefully articulating our story to existing and potential clients in a way that resonates beyond an initial conversation.
• Describe design thinking and architectural design services to clients in a way that helps them understand how we deliver great design different than our competitors.
• Develop a thorough understanding of our portfolio to represent our existing work and placehold in the marketplace.
• Work with our Director of Marketing and Principals to identify and execute strategies for expanding STUDIOS’ reach within our current market sectors.
• Cultivate our existing industry contacts, helping to maintain relationships with target audiences.
•Identify, internally organize, and attend industry networking events to represent the firm.
• Complete client and competitor research to further our pursuit strategies as required.
• Assist in marketing activities directly related to business development, including preparation of introductory shows/presentations or qualifications packages using Adobe InDesign.
Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree in architecture, design, marketing, or communications, and between one year and five years of professional experience in a similar role. This ideal person must enjoy working in a collaborative setting across multiple offices and be adept at efficiently managing time across a multitude of tasks and deadlines.
Interested candidates should forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line, “Business Development Coordinator – [First Name] [Last Name]”