Creighton Manning has created a company culture that challenges and rewards individuals who strive for excellence and add value to our company. We have an exciting opportunity for a business development professional in the lower Hudson Valley area of New York.
Creighton Manning, a leading civil engineering firm in the Albany, New York area, is looking for an individual to successfully take the lead in the development of new business opportunities that support the company’s strategic plan and overall growth strategy.
This position requires an action-driven professional able to identify and develop strategic business relationships with potential clients. This position will report to the Director of Business Development and work closely with the senior leadership team.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Broad-based management skills with strong planning and decision-making ability
• Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
• Strong communication, both verbal and written, presentation and client relation skills.
• A current network of business contacts in the Hudson Valley area is a must.
Responsibilities of the position include:
• Manage the implementation of Business Unit Strategic Plans with Business Development Committee, including proactive meetings with potential and current clients and tracking of Business Development opportunities.
• Identify new opportunities utilizing network connections and market research.
• Manage and coordinate contacts with existing and/or new clients/prospects by initiating a first call.
• Generate debriefs (including wins for key clients) and client satisfaction surveys/feedback.
• Develop down state marketing budget with help from Director of Business Development.
• Collaborate with operations to develop teaming and operational strategies in response to the need of the market or client, including identification and negotiation with potential teaming partners.
• Attend conferences and networking events, and communicate intelligence from various events/ functions/prospect meetings etc. with BD Committee.
• Minimum 15 years of experience in a similar business development role, preferably in an engineering consulting environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Civil Engineering or a related field.
• Valid driver’s license to fulfill travel requirements of this position.
Creighton Manning is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit our website at www.cmellp.com