- Member, SMPS-NY
- Committee Member & 2018-2019 Director, Special Events Committee
- Connect on LinkedIn
Oh, what a night! On Thursday, June 7, 2018, approximately 100 marketing professionals headed to the New York City Fire Museum to attend the hottest event of the year (some pun intended): SMPS NY’s 2018 Annual Meeting and Liberty Ball. The evening was a whirlwind of networking, awards, and purple cows (more on that later) … not to mention firemen!
During the extended networking dinner (the planning committee had some fun shaking up the schedule this year), attendees enjoyed delicious food and drink while connecting with other industry experts.
After mixing and mingling for over an hour, guests made their way to the annual meeting and awards presentation, hosted by Master of Ceremonies Brent Robertson, Partner at Fathom, and Alexis Newman, President of SMPS NY. Between an abundance of laughs, videos created by FRAME, and *maybe* a few tears, our hosts led us down memory lane and into the future of SMPS NY. Alexis also challenged everyone to show off the purple cow (aka “remarkable marketer”) inside each of us, which has been her mantra this year.
Additionally, we had the opportunity to hear from Andrew McClure, Director of Corporate and Community Development at Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation, who shared touching stories about the organization’s Smart Home Program. This inspiring program, to which our chapter donated a portion of the event’s sponsorship proceeds, builds mortgage-free homes for injured service members; I’d definitely recommend checking out the organization, as it’s doing amazing work!
Another exciting moment came when Kourtenay Mott, President-Elect of SMPS-NY, introduced our 2018-2019 Board of Directors (say hi to your new Director of Special Events!), including the following:
- President: Kourtenay Mott, LEED GA, Marketing Director, One Lux Studio
- Immediate Past President/Director of Chapter Advisory Council: Alexis Newman, MBA, Senior Marketing Specialist, Simpson Gumpertz & Heger
- Vice President/President-Elect: Katherine DeMercurio, Marketing & Communications Manager, Evergreene Architectural Arts
- Secretary: Atena Vladu, Senior Marketing Manager, LANGAN
- Treasurer: Connie Luongo, Senior Associate, Marketing Manager, CannonDesign
- Communications: Tiffany Carter, Marketing Coordinator, Skanska
- Director at Large: Sarah Hoff, Owner/Principal Consultant, Hoffhaus Creative LLC
- Leadership: Rhonda Cardone, Marketing Director, NY, Associate, Dewberry
- Long Island Affiliate: Corrine Collins, Marketing Manager, Nelson & Pope
- New Jersey Affiliate: Christopher Soria, Marketing Manager, GES
- Professional Development: Genesis Vasquez
- Programs: Christy Rose, PMP, LEED AP, RLA, Manager, Client Relations, Liebhaber Company
- Public Relations: Nathan Reyna, Marketing Manager, Mancini Duffy
- Special Events: Nicole Veenstra, Marketing Coordinator, Langan
- Sponsorship: Brian C. Ferry, Marketing Manager, Skanska
- THE Marketing Event (TME): Ingrid Sletten, Director of Sales, X-Act Contracting Corp.
- Westchester Affiliate: Anastasia Guadron, Founder, Vividmark
- Chapter Champion: Andrew Weinberg, FSMPS, CPSM, Director of Business Development, Whitestone Associates, Inc.
We then celebrated the AEC marketing industry’s bold, brilliant, and brave during the Professional Achievement Awards and Marketing Communications Awards. Let’s fire off a round of applause for the winners!
- PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARD WINNERS:
- Brand Identity
- Award of Excellence – FXCollaborative
- Merit Award – GreenbergFarrow
- Direct Mail
- Award of Excellence – Simpson Gumpertz & Heger
- Event / Holiday Piece
- Award of Excellence – HLB Lighting Design
- Merit Award – The Berman Group
- Award of Excellence – Structure Tone
- Promotional Campaign
- Award of Excellence – Simpson Gumpertz & Heger
- Merit Award – HLB Lighting Design
- Award of Excellence – The Berman Group
- Merit Award – Langan
- Social Media
- Award of Excellence – GreenbergFarrow
- Best In Show
- Simpson Gumpertz & Heger – Direct Mail
- People’s Choice
- FXCollaborative – Brand Identity
- MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS AWARD WINNERS:
- Vanguard of the Year
- David Golab, Director of Business Development, SUPERSTRUCTURES Engineers + Architects
- Marketer of the Year
- Matthew Barlow, Marketing Coordinator, Dattner Architects
- The Rising Star
- Elizabeth Bellsey, Marketing Coordinator, BAM Architecture Studio
- Humanitarian of the Year
- Katherine DeMercurio, Marketing & Communications Manager, EverGreene Architectural Arts
- Mary Findlen Scholarship Grant
- Nathan Reyna, Marketing Manager, Mancini Duffy
While it may seem like there is an overabundance of people to celebrate, let me tack on a few more who are deserving of many purple props! The 2018 Annual Meeting and Liberty Ball would not have been possible without our gracious Liberty Ball Sponsors:
- The Fire Chief: IMS
- “The Crown”-ing Achievement: Structure Tone
- The Halligan Bar: Cerami & Associates
- The Torch: Simpson Gumpertz & Heger; Haworth
- The Pedestal: AFG; BIZBASH; Mancini Duffy; Dattner Architects; Skanska
- Event Photography: Adrian Montanez Photography
- Event Videography: FRAME Studios
…and esteemed panel of judges!
- Scott D. Butcher, JDB Engineering, Inc.
- Donna J. Corlew, C*Connect
- Erin Herbst Gomolinski, AlixPartners
- Michael Guberti, Smart Business People Services
- Frank Lippert, Go Strategies, LLC
- William Long, P. Agnes
- Susan Shelby, Rhino Public Relations
Like I said earlier – oh, what a night! It was full of networking, celebrating, and planning for the future … what else could an AEC marketer ask for? If you find yourself already counting down the days to the next Liberty Ball, relive the excitement of this year’s event with our photo gallery!