Deborah Rosenberg, LEED AP
- SMPS-NY Director of TME
On November 6th, SMPS-NY presented its annual full day symposium, THE Marketing Event. Over 150 people were in attendance for the 11th TME , themed New Horizons Create |Engage | Inspire. Attendees and speakers came from all over the Tri State and from as far away as Portland, Pittsburgh, Omaha, Washington DC and Phoenix. The buzz at the event? Content!
Many of the attendees remarked during the day that the content of the session was ‘so helpful’, ‘directly related to what I do at my firm’, had ‘helpful takeaways for both my own development and information I am able to bring back to my firm’ and ‘just what I was hoping for’. SMPS-NY assembled 30 speakers and presenters for the 9 session day of professional development, collaborative learning and networking, networking, networking! Members of the National Board of Directors helped kick off the day as attendees welcomed the association’s new CEO, Michael Geary to New York.
From the opening whistle to encourage people to gather for the Keynote in the CUNY’s Proshansky Auditorium throughout the day and into the evening at the post TME Gathering, attendees were given opportunities to meet new people, share their stories and gain new perspectives in the sessions that covered team building, developing leadership skills, building internal networks, understanding branding and engaging millennial in the workforce.
Winners of this year’s lunchtime raffle prizes included:
- One Year SMPS Membership, Ani S Toncheva, Associate at Wilson Ihrig
- Admission to TME 2016, Kathryn Butare, Marketing Coordinator at Dewberry
- Admission to the CPSM Boot Camp 2016 Program, Rachel Kreindel, Business Development at Bala Consulting Engineers
- Free SMPS Webinar Access, Shi-Anne Shakes, Marketing Coordinator at Silman
- A copy of the 2015 Edition of A/E/C Marketing Fundamentals: Your Keys to Success, Rami Abousleiman, Staff Environmental Geologist, MFS Engineers
And people are still talking about TME 2015! Check out this article that was published on LinkedIn.